Bobcat 250 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat 250 issues

So i work at a decent size fab company and we have 10 of these bobcat 250s . the guy who did this job before me passed a few months ago so i kinda just got threw into this job . the oil changes /tune ups no problem but ive got an issue on one i cant fingure out . so when welding with this machine it acts like its got the voltage turned all the way up and only way itll turn down is if you use the course range selector . i checked the rheostat with an ohm meter and it seems fine . any one have any ideas what else could cause it to do this?

Is it a rheostat or a potentiometer? How did you check it?

What is the serial number and stock number of the machine?

Comment

its a rheostat , I put a meter to it and ohmed it out. it read 0-14.5ohms as I turned it from 0-10 . heres the sn mb170454h

Comment

Your problem is in the control circuit. Fuse, diode, bridge, capacitor, connection on fuse block.

Comment

well that was odd guys , I said screw it and just swapped rheostats off a machine I know is good and bam problem solved. I spoke with miller about it and was told even if it ohms out correctly theres a chance the moment it has power put to it it can short

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Comment

Learned something new! Thank you!

Comment

no problem **** thank you guys for trying to help out

Comment

Working...
                X