Miller 12VS feeding issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 12VS feeding issue

I have a 12VS feeder, with tregasses gun, LH42 s/n, I’ve put tons of wire through it, tried to use it yesterday and it would feed then stop and few minutes later it’d run again. And by feeding issue is the drive rolls will not activated by the trigger, the gun trigger is good, checked with DVM on ohms, opened it up, all LEDs are fine on the board, have 28.87v at the plug for the gun(tech manual say 24v) motor jogs fine from panel switch, gas valve opens and closes fine from panel switch. Since the board is incased in epoxy and no real test points, ideas??? Thx Railmen
    2007 Trailblazer 302G
    2004 Invision 354MP
    1999 60 series feeder
    2005 Maxstar 200DX
    2007 CST280
    1999 HF 251-1
    older Hobart hefty wire feeder
    Hyperthrem 600
    Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
    had and sold........
    2003 XMT 304CC/CV
    1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
    1963 Lincoln SA200G
    1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
    1970's Lincoln SAE400G
    2 Maxstar's 200DX's
    1 Maxstar 200SD
    CST 280
    2 CST 250
    MM130

Railmen

wire off the trigger...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Railmen, Can you just jumper the trigger pins with a paper clip or piece of MIG wire and it stays running instead of using the gun trigger?

Reason I ask is if the feeder motor board sees weld potential on one of the gun trigger wires it will shut off to try to protect the trigger signal.

Comment

Could be dirty trigger contacts or broken trigger wire somewhere along the gun. Start with pulling gun apart to inspect trigger contacts and clean them with fine sand paper. Check where wires attach to trigger, unplug and plug in a few times. You said you checked the circuit already but I would still manually inspect and clean first. What about jumping the female plug for gun on the feeder? Is it consistently working by doing that?
        MM250
        Trailblazer 250g
        22a feeder
        Lincoln ac/dc 225
        Victor O/A
        MM200 black face
        Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
        Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
        Arco roto-phase model M
        Vectrax 7x12 band saw
        Miller spectrum 875
        30a spoolgun w/wc-24