HLP 001 Millermatic 252

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLP 001 Millermatic 252

Well guys, seems like I’m back here again, this time it’s my Millermatic 252, (4 years old) that reads HLP 001 which I’m to understand may be the PC1 board. I can’t seem to find any other info, other than a factory reset that may not work for a very long time. I looked for the board, 188205 and also are unable to find anything as far as price or who else other than Miller to purchase one.
    The welder as all my equipment is kept in a very clean environment, and not really used to there capacity. Had an electrician check my power source and gave it a clean bill of health, all welders get unplugged every evening incase of an electrical storm. Saturday I went to weld on my chassis, and the welder never got past HLP code. Thanks in advance....

HL.P 001 appears on meters. Turn power switch off and back on, if HL.P 001 appears on meters again, have Factory Authorized Service Agent check unit. ...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Full text of help1 code from my manual -

"HLP 1
      Turn off primary input power and check input
      voltage per primary voltage rating of welder,
      and correct if necessary. If HELP 1 persists,
      this Indicates a communication error
      between control board PC1 and user
      interface board PC2. Contact a Service
      Distributor or Factory Service Department."

I've never seen this (or any other) code on my MM252, but the FIRST check I'd do (having been a tech for over 50 years) would be supply voltage/strapping of the welder... Steve

Sorry, somehow missed the second paragraph; I've worked with/against all flavors of electricians, if yours isn't a whiz they may have missed checking any/all interconnects between the 2 boards - things like a connector pin with cracked solder joint, loose wire, etc - on the board, I plugged that # into miller4less and got bupkiss...
      Last edited by BukitCase; 03-08-2020, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response guys. Ok, I had read on this site a few days ago a pretty generic check list, that I had already tried, as my Miller Sync 210 had a PC2 board go out 2 months after warranty. So I guess what my next step is is to make sure I have the correct part number and find an outlet that has these in stock at a reasonable price. My 252 made it 4 years before this, and until then, it had no signs of any problems. The part number I’m coming up with is, pc-188205. Again, thank you for your quick response.

Comment

You might want to post the serial # of your machine so that others can look for the correct parts list for your machine. Check here by serial # :https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts
          You should find the correct parts listing there.

---Meltedmetal
          ---Meltedmetal

Comment

You can often find parts at Miller4less.com, but I checked 188205 at their site and got no hits.

Comment

It looks like that part may have been superseded, but I did find this:

http://www.brweldingsupplies.com/mil...-assy-control/

Comment

G-man, I looked up on a few sites, and found that number means nothing when searching for parts. I had taken a few pictures of the card in question, and the number on the card is no longer available, however the number 273092 is the new number. So there are a few sites that have it in stock, and one company that can rebuild the card, only if the one (little white square) is bad there is nothing they can do. So I’m hoping with a bit more searching, I’ll be confident in ordering the card. My thoughts so far, from what I have been reading and help from you guys, it seems like that is the only possible culprit.
                also was asked for the serial number here. ME112837N. Meltedmetal, and Aeronca41 Thanks again.
                Last edited by Pro Metal Shop; 03-09-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro Metal Shop View Post
                  G-man, I looked up on a few sites, and found that number means nothing when searching for parts. I had taken a few pictures of the card in question, and the number on the card is no longer available, however the number 273092 is the new number. So there are a few sites that have it in stock, and one company that can rebuild the card, only if the one (little white square) is bad there is nothing they can do. So I’m hoping with a bit more searching, I’ll be confident in ordering the card. My thoughts so far, from what I have been reading and help from you guys, it seems like that is the only possible culprit.
                  also was asked for the serial number here. ME112837N. Meltedmetal, and Aeronca41 Thanks again.
                  Looks like Millerserviceparts has the best price around at just under $300. I've bought a lot of stuff from them...it's drop shipped directly to you from Miller, so it's hard to beat. For that price I don't know that I would risk having the card repaired...sometimes they try and fail and it still costs you something, along with more downtime.

Comment

Working...
                  X