Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF 251d-1 worth

Good Evening

I do 90% of my work with a CST 250 and using an air cooled torch, finger control, and a foot pedal (much prefer the pedal but I’m good both ways). I do a decent amount of work with a MaxStar 250 and love the HF, especially for thin stuff.

I came across a Miller HF-251-d unit with torch and cables. Guy wants $500 for it all. I’ve been debating....I’m fine without HF but it really is nice to have......and a gas solenoid would be nice I think too.

opinions? Value?

I bought one several years ago, I think I paid a little less than that. It came with just a foot pedal.

I’m not familiar with your setup specifically, but if you need a remote contractor, and that 251 doesn’t have it, it’ll set you back a couple hundred bucks if memory serves me correctly.

But the HF on that 251-d is pretty solid. There are two versions of it, a 115v and a 230v model. I think the -1 means it’s 115v.

Probably not much help, but the real issue is how bad you need it I suppose.

Comment

Hmm. This one comes with a finger control (which I already have, and I have a pedal) and no pedal. I don’t necessarily “need” it but it would be nice. A gas valve would also be nice over my torch-operated valve. It comes with welding ground, a torch, and the unit. It appears that the torch has a valve on it....not sure why if this unit is supposed to have a gas valve as well. I noticed the torch has two lines coming into it.....I’m used to the gas and wire being in the same conduit.

Comment

What part of the world are you in?

Comment

Wilmington, De

Comment

If you were close, I’d let you come grab this one and try it out before you bought one. But I’m on the gulf coast.

Comment

Oooh. Are you near NOLA? I’ll be there next weekend?!

Comment

I’m about 4 hours west of there.

Comment

Beaumont?

Comment

Do the gas valves wear out over time? You said HF was pretty solid. Trying to think about what else goes....

Comment

Ya, Beaumont. I have no idea about the longevity of the gas valves. The 251d is a robust, industrial machine. It does not have a puny HF arc.

Comment

Working...
                      X