Dialarc 250 HF remote contactor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialarc 250 HF remote contactor?

I wonder if someone can help me understand what the remote contactor control does? I have a foot pedal for remote amp control that plugs into the 3 prong receptacle. Then next to that the remote contactor that plugs into the 2 prong receptacle. The remote contactor just seems to be a on/off toggle switch mounted on the side of the tig torch what is its purpose? I read that the post flow timer will not work unless the remote contactor switch is in the on position and a remote contactor is plugged into the recepticle. I can't seem to get my head around the on/off toggle on the torch why it is needed?
    Last edited by Eriksat1; 02-07-2020, 10:42 AM.

Update the foot pedal does have 2 cords the 3 prong for remote amperage control and the 2 prong that plugs into the remote contactor receptacle. So what is that contactor on/off switch on the torch handle with the 2 prong plug do? I guess so you can tig without the foot pedal? Is it just so you can turn it off for the post flow?
    Last edited by Eriksat1; 02-07-2020, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I would guess the switch on the torch is for exactly the purpose you stated--TIG without a foot pedal. Just on/off. Post flow timer should run for however long it's set after the switch is turned off.

Comment

The two pin trigger usually energizes the output contactor so you have weld output, energizes the HF circuit so you can start the arc without scratching, and triggers the gas (and water if you have it) solenoids to flow. The post flow is usually just a delay timer circuit that keeps the gas solenoid energized for a set time after you release the trigger. This definitely helps you in awkward positions to get in position without a live electrode or manual valve.
        Last edited by jjohn76; 02-08-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Ok thanks. I guess that on/off switch on the torch handle could come in handy in certain situations where the foot pedal is not feasable. Just need to make sure you have amps set good.

Comment

There must be the same type on/off switch built right into the foot pedal that turns on as soon as you step on the pedal and shuts off as soon as you let off the pedal. I'm learning. It's a old machine from the 1980's but it seems to work very well.
            Last edited by Eriksat1; 02-07-2020, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eriksat1 View Post
              There must be the same type on/off switch built right into the foot pedal that turns on as soon as you step on the pedal and shuts off as soon as you let off the pedal. I'm learning. It's a old machine from the 1980's but it seems to work very well.
              Your are correct. The foot pedal contains a switch and a potentiometer. When you first touch the pedal, the switch closes and turns on the power, gas, and water. As you push down from there, the pot sets the weld current.

Comment

Working...
              X