X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAWK
    replied
    JMFabrications,

The 4043 will work fine. Your color will probably be a bit dull. The 1100 is a shiny with a better color match in my experience. Believe it or not the 1100 will flow in easier too!

Leave a comment:

• JMFabrications
    replied
    Just checked the local Airgas, they dont carry it either. Every website I come across is showing this chart:

http://www.mckeone.net/misc/filler.gif

Looks like 4043 will be fine, any other input is greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Little
    replied
    I just sheared some 3003 strips about 1/8" or less from some 0.065" sheet. nothing works better than the same material?
    Made for good filler for welds that had to be "worked" a little (still learning how to form metal). The 4043 rod would crack too often.
    Little

Leave a comment:

• JMFabrications
    replied
    Thanks guys, ill keep searching. I had to go with 3003 because the plenum has a few tight bends, I used to use 6061 but I cracked too many pieces bending, the 3003 will bend every wich way and no cracking......

Thanks again,
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Linde Gases in Charlotte usually stocks 3/32" and 1/8" 1100 as well as 4043, 4047, 4145, 5356 and a few other aluminum fillers. The 1100 will be flow easily and give a nice appearance. The 4047 and 4145 will flow easier with an almost smooth bead. They have a high silicon content and blend easily with the 3003. My first choice is always 99%+ commercially pure al-1100.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sigmon
    replied
    Tig Depot only has 4043 and 5356, Aglevtech doesn't carry filler. I have only found weldingsupply.com and as you already know they only have the 1/16th.

Glad that I don't need any 1100 filler.

Good Luck getting your filler, something this simple shouldn't be such a hassle.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    $3.95/lb sounds like the right price, try tig depot or aglevtech. Airgas is my local supplier and they stock it at one store but not the one I frequent the most so I just have them transfer it. I ran some 3003 rescently that was real crap I just hated it{ dirty and porous sheet metal---blah} as a matter of fact Hawk didn't like it either, lol!

Leave a comment:

• bigdogjoe62
    replied
    Did you check your local distributors??

Leave a comment:

• JMFabrications
    started a topic Where to get 1100 Filler?

Where to get 1100 Filler?

Im having the hardest time trying to find 1100 series filler in a 3/32" size. Weldingsupply.com has it in 1/16", and can get 3/32" in about 2 weeks for $3.95/lb. Weldwire.net can get it sooner, but they want $7.95/lb, anyone know a source out there who might keep it in stock. Im welding some intake manifold plenums made from 3003, i was told 1100 would be the best filler.

Thanks,
    Jim
Working...
X