Where to get 1100 Filler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get 1100 Filler?

Im having the hardest time trying to find 1100 series filler in a 3/32" size. Weldingsupply.com has it in 1/16", and can get 3/32" in about 2 weeks for $3.95/lb. Weldwire.net can get it sooner, but they want $7.95/lb, anyone know a source out there who might keep it in stock. Im welding some intake manifold plenums made from 3003, i was told 1100 would be the best filler.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Lincoln Precision TIG 375
    Lincoln Power MIG 255
    Lincoln Pro Cut 80
    Miller Elite Red Flame

Did you check your local distributors??

Comment

$3.95/lb sounds like the right price, try tig depot or aglevtech. Airgas is my local supplier and they stock it at one store but not the one I frequent the most so I just have them transfer it. I ran some 3003 rescently that was real crap I just hated it{ dirty and porous sheet metal---blah} as a matter of fact Hawk didn't like it either, lol!

Comment

Tig Depot only has 4043 and 5356, Aglevtech doesn't carry filler. I have only found weldingsupply.com and as you already know they only have the 1/16th.

Glad that I don't need any 1100 filler.

Good Luck getting your filler, something this simple shouldn't be such a hassle.
        Bob Sigmon
        A/O Setup with Meco Midget
        Miller Big Window Elite
        Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

Linde Gases in Charlotte usually stocks 3/32" and 1/8" 1100 as well as 4043, 4047, 4145, 5356 and a few other aluminum fillers. The 1100 will be flow easily and give a nice appearance. The 4047 and 4145 will flow easier with an almost smooth bead. They have a high silicon content and blend easily with the 3003. My first choice is always 99%+ commercially pure al-1100.

Comment

Thanks guys, ill keep searching. I had to go with 3003 because the plenum has a few tight bends, I used to use 6061 but I cracked too many pieces bending, the 3003 will bend every wich way and no cracking......

Thanks again,
            Jim
            Lincoln Power MIG 255
            Lincoln Pro Cut 80
            Miller Elite Red Flame

Comment

I just sheared some 3003 strips about 1/8" or less from some 0.065" sheet. nothing works better than the same material?
              Made for good filler for welds that had to be "worked" a little (still learning how to form metal). The 4043 rod would crack too often.
              Little

Comment

Just checked the local Airgas, they dont carry it either. Every website I come across is showing this chart:

http://www.mckeone.net/misc/filler.gif

Looks like 4043 will be fine, any other input is greatly appreciated.
                Lincoln Power MIG 255
                Lincoln Pro Cut 80
                Miller Elite Red Flame

Comment

JMFabrications,

The 4043 will work fine. Your color will probably be a bit dull. The 1100 is a shiny with a better color match in my experience. Believe it or not the 1100 will flow in easier too!

Comment

Working...
                  X