Miller 450 Duo problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 450 Duo problems

I have a 450 duo that flashes 4 blues and no weld. The welder will weld on the side the 280 has problems as long as I am not using the other side ,Now the welder will not just quit, it will weld until you are done with weld and will not restart the arc and I get a 4 blue code. I can shut the whole machine off and it resets it self, No matter which order I start to weld it will weld most of the time until I stop the weld and it will not restart a arc, The other 280 works as it should.

..........check these out .... Are the two outputs hooked together in any way? Is your work piece grounded good?

Comment

Originally posted by Popscott View Post
      ..........check these out .... Are the two outputs hooked together in any way? Is your work piece grounded good?

I don't understand why it will only do it when the other side (box) is welding also. It will weld all day by itself. It will finish a weld when the other side is welding but it will not restart another weld , You have to turn the whole machine off for a minute and let it reset itself and it does not matter what order you start to weld. It will weld a full bead but you cannot start another weld. To me if you read your chart it seems like the board does not deenergize.

If the 2 outputs were hooked together some way wouldn't the other side do it also,.Also you would think it would quit welding as soon as something happen and not be able to finish a bead.
      Last edited by fasthawk; 02-10-2020, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Popscott View Post

Do you no where the boost relay is located?

Comment

cr1 is here. Is the red LED on PC 13 flashing 8 times?
          Last edited by Popscott; 02-12-2020, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X