Multimatic 220 AC/DC. Pulsed AC TIG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multimatic 220 AC/DC. Pulsed AC TIG?

I recently purchased the Multimatic 220 AC/DC. I was super excited because it advertised that it did pulsed TIG, but now I'm having a hard time finding any setting for AC pulsed TIG, is there a chance that this thing will only do pulsed TIG on DC? I am super happy with this machine overall, but am pretty disappointed that this is missing that feature if it really is not there.

I was pretty sure that that was the case at this point, that's a bummer.

Comment

Is pulse needed to minimize distortion or to create bead definition?

Comment

I’ve never found a good use for pulse on aluminum, but I have on thin steel and stainless steel.

Comment

I thought those AC pulse processes switched low frequency (.1 to 10 pps or something) between straight polarity and AC to either put a lot less or a lot more heat into the part. The background amperage setting controls the straight polarity pulse, the main amperage controls the AC pulse. I am guessing the parts need to be very clean... Never tried it, only read about it...

Comment

The freq and balance adjustments are more beneficial IMO, this has always been the case, that the multi process machines don't have all the features a dedicated machine may have. Yet this new machine is still a great unit that can do the job and bring in the $$$
            Richard
            West coast of Florida

Comment

Sure wish the OP would respond with what his expectations are. Too many variables to guess.
              I'm curious what material, part shape and thickness he's working with where pulse AC GTAW is required/beneficial

Comment

Originally posted by Electric4Life View Post
                Sure wish the OP would respond with what his expectations are. Too many variables to guess.
                I'm curious what material, part shape and thickness he's working with where pulse AC GTAW is required/beneficial
                im assuming he paid over 3 grand for the machine and just expected or assumed it was there.........one reason i got blocked on the bakers gas youtube vid about the said machine was i mentioned it had no ac pulse just dc pulse and i guess they didnt like that because they didnt mention it in the vid and they walked all around it when confronted in the vids comments......if im spending 3 grand on a rig im buying the HTP 221.....its got alot of features the miller doesnt and a good rep to boot

Comment

Originally posted by NFA Fabrication View Post
                  I recently purchased the Multimatic 220 AC/DC. I was super excited because it advertised that it did pulsed TIG, but now I'm having a hard time finding any setting for AC pulsed TIG, is there a chance that this thing will only do pulsed TIG on DC? I am super happy with this machine overall, but am pretty disappointed that this is missing that feature if it really is not there.
                  im sorry man.....id bring it back

Comment

The 221 is an excellent machine and they have top notch service.

Comment

Working...
                    X