TB 325 Battery charger problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB 325 Battery charger problems

I have a TB 325 w/ Excel Power and The Battery charger/Boost option. Recently every time i tried to use the battery charger.. It has a delay and "reset" comes on panel display. My display jumps all around like it sensing a load, even though i don't have the charging cables plugged in. It welds fine (but amp display is erratic and my AC power is fine. I was given a new circuit board (PC2 part# 249557) from Miller, but did not fix problem. Now my machine is out of warranty. Looking at parts manual I see there is another circuit board, but they are expensive. Don't mind paying if i knew it would fix it. I love this welder and on the ranch the battery charge feature is great, But not so great when it doesn't work. Any help out there?

What no response from anybody? not even any Miller reps? The machine only has 250 hours on it. Been Blue for 30 years, maybe time for a change. I'm on an island and i just can't take it to a service center. It is expensive to send to Honolulu. (only authorized service center within 2000 miles) I've had to send it there twice. both for warranty issues. Last time i got it back it only lasted about 20 hrs welding before it started acting up. Then they said my warranty was up. Maybe not as dependable as older miller welders
    Last edited by aksmitty76; 02-12-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Miller reps don't show up here very often. There are a couple of guys who may be familiar with your machine but I'm not one of 'em. Hope they see this and respond.

Comment

Sorry, but I dont have an answer for you. I hope you get your machine fixed soon.
        A FEW OF MY TOYS !!!

MX Linux
        LinuxMint

Miller Roughneck 2E
        Lincoln Weldpak 100
        Gianttech Arc 200
        Victor O/A

Comment

Working...
        X