Wont weld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wont weld

My machine will not weld it starts sometimes then stops. The generator works fine

Ignoring you would probably be the best thing I can do for you in this case

Comment

Why

Comment

I really need help getting it to weld sir

Comment

My machine runs good it just wont weld anymore

Comment

My machine will not weld it starts sometimes then stops. The generator works fine

I dont have the patience for riddles sir

Comment

Im not doing riddles sir. I crank my machine up and it runs good.the generator works but it wont weld. It starts to pick up then stops

Comment

Tell us a story, ironworker....let me give you an example:

“I have such-n-such machine, serial number blah blah blah. I was welding with 7018, my settings were DCEP, 1,2,3,4, when all of a sudden it stopped welding. This is what I’ve done...............................and now I’m stuck and it still won’t weld. Does anyone have a suggestion of what to do next?”

Feed the animals here as much info as you can my friend....they will help you.

Comment

The doohickey came loose.

Comment

I have a 83 miller 200le that runs but stopped welding

Comment

Sorry im new to this online talk

Comment

I tried.

Comment

I have a 83 miller 200le . it cranks up gen. Power but it stopped welding. It starts to pick up then stops. Any suggestions

Comment

What kind of welding? Mig? Stick? I'm not going to give you a hard time like the other guys but the more information you communicate, the more likely you can get help.

I'm going to guess you'll need to take it some place to get repaired or you'll need to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ironworker View Post
                              I have a 83 miller 200le . it cranks up gen. Power but it stopped welding. It starts to pick up then stops. Any suggestions
                              So it's an AEA-200LE right? What is the serial number? You're trying to stick weld with it, correct?

What kind of load are you putting on the generator side?

Does the engine increase in RPM when you try to weld?

The more details the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X