Dynasty 400 cooler 110v outlet breaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 400 cooler 110v outlet breaker

One of our Dynasty machines is a 400. serial MH08 fro 2017. Several months ago the circuit breaker for the cooler plug popped and of course the person welding didnt notice until the torch blew. after realizing the breaker wouldnt reset without tripping right away we pluged the cooling into an extension cord and arranged to have the machine repaired since its still under warranty. Days later it was back and working..... until yesterday. another burnt up tig torch later we have the same issue. CB is popped and wont stay closed. According to the service center they replaced the breaker last time but didn't do any additional testing or investigation. Id like to know whats causing this problem to prevent it from claiming more torches. This machine also has the Cooler on Demand feature, which im not completely sold on and dont know if its related to this issue.
    We have older 350 machines that is cooler on all the time and have not had this problem.

On a side note, why isnt there a connection between the cooler and the machine to alert a user to the cooler not being on. yes i know the coolers have a ON light, but thats not a safety its just an indicator. I would think it a simple thing to pop an error code or stop the output of the welder if there's a cooler connected but not turned on and that would prevent the torch from getting toasted.

Originally posted by SeeJeepGo View Post
    One of our Dynasty machines is a 400. serial MH08 fro 2017. Several months ago the circuit breaker for the cooler plug popped and of course the person welding didnt notice until the torch blew. after realizing the breaker wouldnt reset without tripping right away we pluged the cooling into an extension cord and arranged to have the machine repaired since its still under warranty. Days later it was back and working..... until yesterday. another burnt up tig torch later we have the same issue. CB is popped and wont stay closed. According to the service center they replaced the breaker last time but didn't do any additional testing or investigation. Id like to know whats causing this problem to prevent it from claiming more torches. This machine also has the Cooler on Demand feature, which im not completely sold on and dont know if its related to this issue.
    We have older 350 machines that is cooler on all the time and have not had this problem.

On a side note, why isnt there a connection between the cooler and the machine to alert a user to the cooler not being on. yes i know the coolers have a ON light, but thats not a safety its just an indicator. I would think it a simple thing to pop an error code or stop the output of the welder if there's a cooler connected but not turned on and that would prevent the torch from getting toasted.
    My guess would be you have a problem in the cooler. A pump motor getting tired, a pump that's making too much load or a small short somewhere in the cooler
    Dynasty 400 wireless
    Coolmate 3.5
    Sw320 speedway
    Ck flex lock 230
    4 victor flow meters
    2 Flametech Duel flowmeters
    2 genuine miller torch buttons
    A$$ loads of tungsten
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX feeder
    Stick leads from here to China
    A30 Spool gun