Good article about a female TIG welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article about a female TIG welder

Good to read about the younger generation learning the trades.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/patric...-20200115.html

I may visit the companies mentioned in the article to see what they do and learn more.
    Maybe I'll even pick up some tips and tricks.
    Never too old to learn.
    Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

She can have every bit of that factory, weld 500 widgets, tig that she wants. I wouldn’t last a day doing that mind numbing work.

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
      She can have every bit of that factory, weld 500 widgets, tig that she wants. I wouldn’t last a day doing that mind numbing work.
      Yup been there...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

Why don't you white dominated 95% of you take off for a year and see how the only 1 that must be the 5% keep the construction and pipe lines going, or just build some railings for the Dome, sure that will last for years ? sounds more like a chip on one's shoulder than trying to make the industry a better place to work, I am ready for the flack.

Comment

I'm on the welding reddit. Female welders come in and talk about the harassment they face. The trades seem to be full of drugged out losers and dead-beats so I guess it's not surprising. Females face ***ual harassment. Noobs face hazing thinly veiled as jokes. Pay seems to be poor. It doesn't seem like a profession, I'd want to be involved with.

Comment

Working...
          X