5 year old Syncrowave 210 worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterKwan View Post

What I'm not clear on is whether they're unreliable but people aren't talking about it or are the broken ones we see here the expected exceptions and most are reliable. I just don't have a handle on it.

I offered a guy $50 for a broken Mig welder he was asking $400 for. $400 was a reasonable price for the same welder if it wasn't broken. I figured I could afford to lose $50 in case I couldn't fix it but I wasn't going to chance $400 on it. He said he'd rather part it out than sell it for $50. Like anyone would want parts from his lower end broken welder. My guess is it never sold. Maybe we don't see all the broken ones because people just have them stuck in the back room collecting dust.

Ebay has plenty of broken high end welders for sale for crazy prices. I wonder if they ever sell?

My local CL has a couple decent welder for sale for a decent price.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...049388809.html

Like this one. Doesn't seem like a crazy price.
    does the lincoln tig 175 have HF start?..... i heard it was scratch start

Comment

Originally posted by RichardParker View Post
      No need to buy a cart, the Syncrowave 210 gives you maximum portability with an EZ-Change™ low cylinder rack and built-in storage space to better manage your accessories and easily transport everything you need for your project.
      Are you a real person? Every one of your posts has been a cut-and-paste advertisement that wasn't relevant to the thread it was in......

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post

Are you a real person? Every one of your posts has been a cut-and-paste advertisement that wasn't relevant to the thread it was in......
        Right on
        Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

what do you mean a cut and paste ad? ......im just here to discuss the miller syncrowave 210 and buying it used....

im kind of insulted.....you all have good points and i appreciate the help

if something else is going on its not on my end......

Comment

He’s not talking to you, joe. Don’t sweat that.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
              He’s not talking to you, joe. Don’t sweat that.
              ooh man....thanks.....

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                What part of the world are you in Joe? You should be able to find a suitable used machine for much less.
                Murphys Law......i just went on craigslist maine and found a lincoln invertec 205T......thats was one of my dream machines besides the miller syncrowave 210.....lol

aint life grand......and its only 1100.00

Comment

Originally posted by joetig View Post

i always wonder why you never hear or see good welders for sale.......is it because they are that good or the owners are too embarrassed to admit they got burnt
                  I see them every so often. I had never seen a broken Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC until a couple weeks ago and scooped it up. Same with a Lincoln Invertec V350/Power Wave 355. I have seen a lot of XMTs, usually at decent prices ($300 and under). And many POWCONs of all sorts. For the ones I have fixed it's more often a power component (capacitor, rectifier, IGBT) that needs replacement than a board.

What I have noticed more often is if I fix one and put it up for sale (I always disclose I did the work), I have one or two folks ask me to rebuild theirs. So I think part of it is they're holding on to it in the case they can find a way to repair it cheaply - lots invested.

Comment

Originally posted by jjohn76 View Post

I see them every so often. I had never seen a broken Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC until a couple weeks ago and scooped it up. Same with a Lincoln Invertec V350/Power Wave 355. I have seen a lot of XMTs, usually at decent prices ($300 and under). And many POWCONs of all sorts. For the ones I have fixed it's more often a power component (capacitor, rectifier, IGBT) that needs replacement than a board.

What I have noticed more often is if I fix one and put it up for sale (I always disclose I did the work), I have one or two folks ask me to rebuild theirs. So I think part of it is they're holding on to it in the case they can find a way to repair it cheaply - lots invested.
                    ill keep you in mind.....i may need your services.....thanks for commenting

Comment

You run across the right Powcon I’m looking for John, you know the type, give me a ring. You seem to see more of them than I do. I’ve only seen them on eBay.

Comment

Ryan, there are two in my garage, one's a 400SMT a buddy gave me for fixing his. I'll let you know when I get it together.

Comment

I’m in for it. That is precisely the machine I want.

Comment

does the lincoln tig 175 have HF start?..... i heard it was scratch start
                            You probably have to look it up by serial number but the manual I looked a shows HF start. It's a transformer based machine with triacs instead of IGBT's.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterKwan View Post

You probably have to look it up by serial number but the manual I looked a shows HF start. It's a transformer based machine with triacs instead of IGBT's.
                              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post

Are you going to have to buy it based on pics and have it shipped, or are you able to go test it yourself? Are you experienced enough to know what it can do so you can test all parts of it?

I'm leery of anyone that replaced a Miller Syncrowave with an Everlast. Something doesn't add up there.
                                he replaced it with an everlast 252 mti......3000 dollar machine that does it all

i guess i was just asking if 1300 was too much for a used syncrowave 210....thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X