Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

220 AC/DC troubleshooting (wire feeder not working)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 220 AC/DC troubleshooting (wire feeder not working)

Just pulled out welder to do a quick wire feed job on some mild steel. Have used it before without issue but been maybe a month since tried last. I press the trigger on the MIG gun, gas comes out but drive rolls won’t spin. Disconnected and reconnected Amphenol connector, turn machine on/off, breaker on/off...anything else to try?
    if I grab the end of the wire while squeezing the trigger the drive roll with struggle to move then go into overdrive after a few seconds. If I pull the wire while trigger isn’t squeezed I can’t turn the rolls...

Attempted calling customer support but don’t have a long distance plan apparently

May have figured it out. Went into background setting by pressing both + symbols. Changed “internal motor run-in speed” to “disabled” instead of “automatic”. It seems like when it’s enabled it turns the mig gun into a stick process type arc initiation. So squeeze trigger and “strike an arc” vs squeeze the trigger and wire runs no matter if a circuit is made with wire contacting material
    nifty idea but turned off until I find a use for it one day... hmm don’t remember ever changing that

Comment

Never heard of such a setting.

Comment

I tired of these abbreviations for what the machine model is. I assumed it was a stick welder, but it's a wire feed job. So I'm back to not knowing what machine we are even talking about.

Comment

Miller Multimatic 220 AC/DC. All process welder that came out end of 2018

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
            I tired of these abbreviations for what the machine model is. I assumed it was a stick welder, but it's a wire feed job. So I'm back to not knowing what machine we are even talking about.
            Yup was wondering also...Bob
            Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

That sounds like a bump gun? I have a WestingArc SA-200 that works like that, only I can't find contact tips for it.

Comment

Working...
              X