Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

220 AC/DC troubleshooting (wire feeder not working)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 220 AC/DC troubleshooting (wire feeder not working)

Just pulled out welder to do a quick wire feed job on some mild steel. Have used it before without issue but been maybe a month since tried last. I press the trigger on the MIG gun, gas comes out but drive rolls won’t spin. Disconnected and reconnected Amphenol connector, turn machine on/off, breaker on/off...anything else to try?
    if I grab the end of the wire while squeezing the trigger the drive roll with struggle to move then go into overdrive after a few seconds. If I pull the wire while trigger isn’t squeezed I can’t turn the rolls...

Attempted calling customer support but don’t have a long distance plan apparently

May have figured it out. Went into background setting by pressing both + symbols. Changed “internal motor run-in speed” to “disabled” instead of “automatic”. It seems like when it’s enabled it turns the mig gun into a stick process type arc initiation. So squeeze trigger and “strike an arc” vs squeeze the trigger and wire runs no matter if a circuit is made with wire contacting material
    nifty idea but turned off until I find a use for it one day... hmm don’t remember ever changing that

Comment

Never heard of such a setting.

Comment

I tired of these abbreviations for what the machine model is. I assumed it was a stick welder, but it's a wire feed job. So I'm back to not knowing what machine we are even talking about.

Comment

Miller Multimatic 220 AC/DC. All process welder that came out end of 2018

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
            I tired of these abbreviations for what the machine model is. I assumed it was a stick welder, but it's a wire feed job. So I'm back to not knowing what machine we are even talking about.
            Yup was wondering also...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

That sounds like a bump gun? I have a WestingArc SA-200 that works like that, only I can't find contact tips for it.

Comment

Working...
              X