Syncrowave 350 LX fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncrowave 350 LX fan

Tig welds great. Just drug it out of the ol' mothballs and got her fired up. I notice the manual says it has an on demand cooling fan. Did quite a bit of tig welding and it did not kick in. I would like to see it work. We had the console panels off and blew it off inside. How much does it take to throw it in? Will it ever come on with tig welding?

Not a precise answer, but I have done lots of welding on mild and stainless steel and the fan never came on. All of this was light gauge stuff.
    When Tigging aluminum over 1/4", the fan comes on rather quickly.

HTH
    Griff

Comment

Thank you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by CP300graveyard View Post
        Thank you for that.
        You're welcome,,
        Have you had a chance to use your machine enough to check this out?

Griff

Comment

No. Haven't welded anything heavy enough yet. It had a whip on it for stick welding and I removed it. Have a Miller 333 for that type of work. Don't wanna hurt the only tig welder we got!

Comment

I think you’d find that syncrowave to be an excellent stick welder if you ever need it to be. My syncrowave makes fan takes a bit to kick on, but my machine is smaller than yours. What have you been welding that didn’t kick the fan on? If I’m on and off with thinner material, the fan won’t come on. In fact, I don’t recall the fan ever coming on when welding DC. It certainly comes on with I’m full pedal AC tig though. So try pounding on some good size aluminum and make sure the fan is working.

Comment

Working...
            X