Millermatic 175 no arc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 175 no arc

• Looking for a little guidance please. I did a search and couldnt find how to test my issue. I have a millermatic 175, maybe 10 years old. It welded fine, put it away, then when I went to use it again it powers up but wont strike a arc. I get a very small spark even when I touch the wire directly to the ground clamp. It feeds wire and gas. I did a little research and opened up the machine to try and find the diodes so I could test them. Apparently my machine has a bridge rectifier? I notice LEDs on the board, is there way to trigger some kind of trouble code? If not how do I test the bridge rectifier? Thanks in advance

See if this video is what you are after. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkT6hF0O3E

Comment

Thanks. I'll check it when I get time. I did buy the shop manual for the welder but lack the equipment and all of the skills required to test it. I wanted to attempt to repair before I cut my losses and get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtie70SS View Post
        Thanks. I'll check it when I get time. I did buy the shop manual for the welder but lack the equipment and all of the skills required to test it. I wanted to attempt to repair before I cut my losses and get a new one.
        I hear ya, Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X