Sight Pusher Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sight Pusher Build

I wanted to install a laser on my new pistol so I needed to build a sight pusher strong enough to push a Springfield pistol's rear sight out of the pistol's slides rear sight dovetail, so I came up with this Idea. The sight pusher uses slide hold-downs that are used on an expensive sight pusher Brownell sells. The company makes slide hold downs for virtually all pistol slides. The rod is a 1/2 " grade 8 flange threaded rod not althread.

I made it adjustable so it will push front and back sights.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...sight%20pusher

Upload and share videos instantly. It's free and simple. No signup required.
    Last edited by tackit; 12-10-2019, 10:49 PM.

Hey Tack are you aware PhotoSuckit is going to only display blurry pics starting around the first of January unless somebody pays them?
    There's some deal about a cutoff date on when you can download your own pics without watermark too.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
      Hey Tack are you aware PhotoSuckit is going to only display blurry pics starting around the first of January unless somebody pays them?
      There's some deal about a cutoff date on when you can download your own pics without watermark too.
      I'll pay the freight, I been with them since they started and have a gazillion photos stored there.

Comment

Might want to duplicate them to Google's photo storage for protection.

I still have bad memories of that Canadian photo storage place that went tits up and millions of pics evaporated.

Comment

I still have bad memories of that Canadian photo storage place that went tits up and millions of pics evaporated.
          Western Canada will not be held accountable for what happens out east. I'm just saying, we send them millions, you did to and it went missing don't blame us.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post

Western Canada will not be held accountable for what happens out east. I'm just saying, we send them millions, you did to and it went missing don't blame us.
            When did Bamf move to Quebec?
            I missed that memo.

Comment

I don't really like Google for anything, but I'm not computer savvy and use Chrome because it's what websites say they operate on best.

Comment

Tack, I have a 1st gen of the Springfield XD, got
                it in about 1999 I suppose. A few years ago when I went to upgrade my iron sights, I just about destroyed my best sight pusher to get the rear sight off. I ended up having to clamp the slide in my bench vice and beat the living daylights out of it with a brass drift and a BFH. This gun is from 1999, so it’s not ancient history, but you could see the file marks from when the factory sight was hand fit to the slide. I was rather impressed and irritated at the same time.

That’s a very underrated piece you have. A great weapon. You really want to make it run smooth as silk, put a powder river precision trigger and spring kit in it. You will not regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                  Tack, I have a 1st gen of the Springfield XD, got
                  it in about 1999 I suppose. A few years ago when I went to upgrade my iron sights, I just about destroyed my best sight pusher to get the rear sight off. I ended up having to clamp the slide in my bench vice and beat the living daylights out of it with a brass drift and a BFH. This gun is from 1999, so it’s not ancient history, but you could see the file marks from when the factory sight was hand fit to the slide. I was rather impressed and irritated at the same time.

That’s a very underrated piece you have. A great weapon. You really want to make it run smooth as silk, put a powder river precision trigger and spring kit in it. You will not regret it.
                  Ryan, I read horror stories about how hard it is to remove a Springfield sight, that's why I built the sight pusher to keep an errant punch from dinging the slide, but even with the sight pusher, the sight was a itch to get out. The rear sight on my S&W's slide was a piece of cake to remove compared to the Springfields.

I'll look into the trigger and spring kit. Thanks, Ryan,.

Comment

Working...
                  X