Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pushing out a bushing with my 10 ton porta power's cylinder

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pushing out a bushing with my 10 ton porta power's cylinder

    Just learning how to convert, download and upload videos, I hope can post this video of a bushing being pressed out by the 10 ton press I built. I'll give it try. http://sendvid.com/dibzirkk

  • #2
    10 ton press I built and the bushing being pressed out and cylinder mounts and guide bushing installed.
    Last edited by tackit; 12-10-2019, 09:12 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great job on the press there, Tack. I like the wheels for moving it around. I need to do that to mine. And the video worked fine.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sendvid thing is nice. Hopefully it stays around. Nothing worse than posts loosing pics the verbiage supports.

        Did you find the box of cam followers you had or buy more?

        Are you still looking for skatewheels for the top plate ro roll the cylinder back and forth or did yu give up on that?

        Comment


        • #5

          My first thought was look how pretty it's painted, followed by stuff looks like lab equipment, followed by lab equipment again by how much work to make a tensile tester, coupon press, with...I could have used something like that for those cases the other night. Then, look how clean that floor is. And yea, nice bushing. Mechanically speaking, that up's a pivot point doesn't it.

          I liked the video. Press works slick. Anyone wanting to test a weld instead of press a bushing? Beat the heck out of a hammer and vice any day.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just wait Noel, one of these days we'll get lucky and catch video of Tack rolling around the shop with his feather duster off his security cameras.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Franz© View Post
              Sendvid thing is nice. Hopefully it stays around. Nothing worse than posts loosing pics the verbiage supports.

              Did you find the box of cam followers you had or buy more?

              Are you still looking for skatewheels for the top plate ro roll the cylinder back and forth or did yu give up on that?

              I like sendvid the best so far, it's not only free but it also converts MVI videos from my old Cannon automatically as it processes the video. no more conversion and compressing programs needed. I think anyway, but I'm still learnin'.

              I give up on wheels, the cylinder mount is so light It almost glides across the top channel, I would use nylon skid strips first.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Noel View Post
                My first thought was look how pretty it's painted, followed by stuff looks like lab equipment, followed by lab equipment again by how much work to make a tensile tester, coupon press, with...I could have used something like that for those cases the other night. Then, look how clean that floor is. And yea, nice bushing. Mechanically speaking, that up's a pivot point doesn't it.

                I liked the video. Press works slick. Anyone wanting to test a weld instead of press a bushing? Beat the heck out of a hammer and vice any day.
                It can be adapted to do almost any kind of work. I paint all my all my stuff and have to have a clean shop. I can't think with shyt laying around all over the place and not being able to find my tools when I need one. ..

                Comment


                • #9
                  STOP coveting my stash of rolls of Teflon tape.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                    Just wait Noel, one of these days we'll get lucky and catch video of Tack rolling around the shop with his feather duster off his security cameras.
                    I love my leaf blower, it keeps the shop clean and me very very happy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                      STOP coveting my stash of rolls of Teflon tape.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tackit View Post

                        AND you can forget the thermal setting tape I use for repairing sanding belts too. Santa put a BIG X on your name.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Franz© View Post

                          AND you can forget the thermal setting tape I use for repairing sanding belts too. Santa put a BIG X on your name.
                          I have been a BIG X person my whole life, going along to get along ain'ts me Bro. I'd rather be hated by everyone than to be a big fraud who wants to be loved by everyone.

                          Both opportunistic political scoundrels, and people who by their own choice have put themselves in credik card debt up to their eyeballs, and now want/need the government to give them free stuff make my skin crawl, and I rather they hate me, including Santa, which helps reinforce my beliefs are 100 % on the money.
                          Last edited by tackit; 12-11-2019, 05:24 AM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X