Diode shorted Miller Econotwin HF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diode shorted Miller Econotwin HF

An unexpected surprise, my Miller Econotwin HF shorted a diode resulting in that hard full load hum and then a blown circuit breaker. Most diodes are replaced in pairs so I started checking prices. Genuine Miller replacements are over $120.00 CDN each in Canada so I checked online and found the prices half that but shipping was as high as $80.00CDN. My next step was AliExpress and Banggood, I have four 200amp 1000volt diodes and a tube of temp paste $50.00CDN now on order. In the meantime I’m playing with a new Chinese $60.00 zx7-200 mini DC stick welder. What an I say, it actually welds nice.

Yup, I feel your Canadian pain on shipping to Canada. As well the pricing to buy. So much for free trade deals. Glad to hear the little welder is working out. Been thinking of up grading myself to a Chinese made unit. Don't need one but the price and features sure make them an attractive purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
      Yup, I feel your Canadian pain on shipping to Canada. As well the pricing to buy. So much for free trade deals. Glad to hear the little welder is working out. Been thinking of up grading myself to a Chinese made unit. Don't need one but the price and features sure make them an attractive purchase.
      Don't you guys still have to feed the queen and big ears for his climate change $$$scam$$$? Every time I hear a rich boy "Initial Public Offering institutional climate control $$$scammer$$$," they come up with new climate change BS stories to scare fools into helping them get governments to start writing checks to greedy college study groups, phony start-up companies, and business lawyers like Obuma and his close climate change scammer buds did to us, too the tune of a half a billion dollars and then went belly up..... and his buds got to keep the cash. They also keep raising the years we have left before we all die from cow farts and burning fossil fuel, I love fossil fuel, fossil fuel is my friend.

I believe in climate change, it's a fact the earth has gone through many climate changes since it was created and always will. It's just today famous people know they can use their celebrity to sell a scam that benefits them big time monetarily.
      Last edited by tackit; 12-12-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I’d like to know when, precisely, the climate on earth has not changed.

Comment

Yes, there have been climate swings in the past and they did result in catastrophic effects for some life on earth.The difference in the current/impending event is that human fingerprints are all over it. The notion that anything or in fact everything that we do has no effect is, in my ever so humble opinion, disingenuous. Most, if not all of science believes that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If we overwhelm the natural mechanisms to deal with the "pollution" we create it will not end well for us. Maybe not us specifically but our descendants? The upside for the planet is it may be able to eradicate a particularly nasty parasite................ us.

---Meltedmetal
          ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Originally posted by Meltedmetal View Post
            Yes, there have been climate swings in the past and they did result in catastrophic effects for some life on earth.The difference in the current/impending event is that human fingerprints are all over it. The notion that anything or in fact everything that we do has no effect is, in my ever so humble opinion, disingenuous. Most, if not all of science believes that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If we overwhelm the natural mechanisms to deal with the "pollution" we create it will not end well for us. Maybe not us specifically but our descendants? The upside for the planet is it may be able to eradicate a particularly nasty parasite................ us.

---Meltedmetal
            I hear a fire bell. The world has had super volcanoes go off and cataclysmic events take place that were 10,000 times more damaging to the earth's atmosphere than cow farts, so damaging in fact they killed off the dinosaurs, if all the CO2 was eliminated we would die from no oxygen, plants, and vegetation need it to convert it into oxygen.
            The scammers have everyone bullshytted, they want us to stop eating beef and walking to work and purposely overlook India and China spueing megatons of pollution into the atmosphere and our oceans because they are huge sources of income for them. Then they hop on their private jet and jet off to party on some billionaire climate change investment scammers private island.
            Last edited by tackit; 12-13-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X