New cultivator handle and chainsaw sharpening station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cultivator handle and chainsaw sharpening station

My cultivator's handle was made out of two pieces of 3/4" tubing but was way too short, I added lengths of tubing to the handle but the handle then became too flexible and wobbly when maneuvering around plant. So I built a new handle out of 1 1/4" X 1/8 sq tubing and welded two pieces of 1 1/2" X 1/4" angle-iron to a 1/4" mounting plate that slides into the rear of the cultivator. that previously was open space, now the machine is comfortable to use with no more wobbling and twisting of the handle while maneuvering around garden plants. I used the same design handle on my sandblaster, it works well on it too.

Nice !!

Comment

I give up Tack.
      Kindly explain how you sharpen chainsaws with the sandblaster.

Comment

^^^^x2

Comment

I modified my chain saw charger cause it always pizzed me off. Now it has a light that tells me it has AC coming in and a DC voltmeter that tells me the battery voltage and polarity is right.
          It cuts much better now. Only cost about 4 bucks for parts.
          Even added a velcro strap to keep the flippin wires coiled up on the sharpener.

Now I'll sit back waiting to see how long till somebody borrows it.

Comment

Borrowing isn’t the problem I have ,getting them to return it is the hard part

Comment

Originally posted by Bls repair View Post
              Borrowing isn’t the problem I have ,getting them to return it is the hard part
              Seem to be a lot of definitions of borrowed, least around here.
              Neighbor borrowed my concrete mixer. I never saw it again even though my name was stenciled on it. Occurred to me he also borrowed a quart of Rustoleum. When I asked about the mixer he told me it got drowned when the creek flooded where it was parked. Odd since I live downstream. I think he sold it or beer money or loaned it to somebody else. He ain't talked to me since I backed a trailer thru his gazebo.

Another funny thing that happens is when you walk in somebody's garage and see your borrowed tool. If it ain't destroyed they generally have it sort of hidden on a shelf. Then they tell you it ain't yours. Odd how the engraved name on the tool says otherwise. Name on the inside also tells a different story.

Used to enjoy he!! out of guys who underbid me on jobs and then wanted to borrow tools to do the job too. Lot of them lost money when they had to buy their own tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Morales1 View Post
                Nice !!
                Thanks Morales.

Comment

When you loan tools out you never know how the tool is going to be abused, I don't loan tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                    I give up Tack.
                    Kindly explain how you sharpen chainsaws with the sandblaster.

Having problems posting pics, this is the third try. When I moved on my property I had many trees to take down, I was taking my chains to our small motor shop to get sharpened a couple times a week, it wasn't the cost that made me buy the sharpener from Northern Hydraulics back in 1993?, but the wait time. Click image for larger version  Name:	CS 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	257.4 KB ID:	604920
                    Last edited by tackit; 11-29-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I just use a file like I learned to in 1954.
                      When I bought my Chinkwaukee Electric battery saw I bought a dozen files for it the same day.
                      Pop the battery out, clamp it in the vise and file the chain when I need to.

Can't afford no fancy bench and machine like you got there.

Comment

Here's my simple to build ammo can rack, I moved it by my reloading bench when I reloaded ammo, it makes storing newly reloaded ammo easy peasy. You can store coins, nuts and bolts and other things in the 50 and 30 cal boxes also. I used oak pieces of wood for can bumpers in the back to keep from tearing up the cans when they are slid back into the rack. I also cut the angle irons off 1" shorter than the cans to keep from pinching fingers when sliding the heavy cans back into the rack. Also, the cans are not centered over the stretchers/crossbars, centered over the stretchers the rack didn't look as good to me.
                        Last edited by tackit; 11-29-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

The 18-volt band saw that caused me to mount my Milwaukee bandsaw in a stand, it cuts just as quickly as the 120 volt Milwaukee saw. I've never run out of juice, but I read on jobs lithium batteries would last a day.
                          Last edited by tackit; 11-29-2019, 11:05 PM.

Comment

What's all the gray stuff under the fleet of wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                              What's all the gray stuff under the fleet of wheels?
                              It's called Koncrete, it's a specialty self-leveling floor material for weld shops, it's the same product NASA uses in rocket launch platforms. It cost $6.65 a yard but I had to mix it myself while adding the Koncrete mineral.

Comment

Working...
                              X