welding table pickup lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welding table pickup lift

I mounted a pickup crane on the welding table to lift heavy things on to it to work on and repair. I gave $125 at the time for it, It's helped me out a lot of times, from servicing and repairing generators, repairing mowing decks to changing mower blades. I replaced the red hand pump cylinder it came with_with the black air-over hydraulic cylinder so when the crane is turned I don't have lean over the bench to get at the pump handle. It's nice to know it's there.

Before I bought the pickup crane, to keep my welding table from scooting across the shop floor when I used a cheater to loosen a nut or bend/straighten something in my vice, I drilled out the expansion slot in my floor with a drill and used a small chisel to clean out the hole so the 3/8 plate welded to the table's legs would slip down in the holes keeping me from having to drill holes in my floor.... but after I mounted the crane on the table, I had to Red Head the opposite side of the welding table down to the floor, as it would raise about 2" with a heavy load on the crane.
    Last edited by tackit; 11-26-2019, 09:04 AM.

Nice !

Comment

Originally posted by Morales1 View Post
      Nice !
      Thank You Morales1, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. .

Comment

Creative cheating Tack, but how do you roll the table around to match everything else in the shop?

I'm shocked you didn't put sockets on the table you could drop bars thru into the floor slot. Add iron storage on the bottom shelf to counterweight the crane.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
          Creative cheating Tack, but how do you roll the table around to match everything else in the shop?

I'm shocked you didn't put sockets on the table you could drop bars thru into the floor slot. Add iron storage on the bottom shelf to counterweight the crane.
          Because I have a floating shop floor I wanted to stay within the expansion joint,so as not to weaken the floor. I don't like working on movable tables, I have a fold-up welding table if I should need one. and Having my tools close at hand is more important to me than storing steel under the table. I have a rack on the back wall for holding steel, right by the band saw.

Comment

Looks good Tackit, nice setup
            Richard
            West coast of Florida

Comment

Tack what happened to Plan 67-121-16 to install bolt on round corner guards on the sharp corners of that table so you don't impale yourself coming around the table?

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                Tack what happened to Plan 67-121-16 to install bolt on round corner guards on the sharp corners of that table so you don't impale yourself coming around the table?
                No need to race around the shop and hurt one's self on table corners, whilst in the shop, safety glasses on and slow and steady as she goes is the mandatory working speed.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post

No need to race around the shop and hurt one's self on table corners, whilst in the shop, safety glasses on and slow and steady as she goes is the mandatory working speed.
                  Sheesh- next thing will be a new plan for handrails around the shop for Tack Safety.

Comment

Well Tack, as you sit around daydreaming you can look into this idea.
                    Street sign post makes up most of it, a couple Horror Fright wheels, but you can build wood wheels if you got time to kill, some allthread for the boom support and a electric winch when they go on sale at Horror Fright.

Looks like you can use it on multiple benches and machines too.

Comment

Working...
                    X