Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailblazer 250G won’t weld has aux power??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailblazer 250G won’t weld has aux power??

so i picked up a miller 250g serial number JJ487249 i have the tech manual from miller and i was running thru some voltage checks last night. i’m getting approx 1volt at the windings coming out of the generator but with my resistance checks all the windings check out good. if my capacitor is bad wouldn’t that not excite my weld generator? btw machine sat for a while and when i got it it didn’t have aux power at all just after it running for a while and doing the reverse drill trick it started to work i guess. called miller and talked to a tech he told me check wire 120 off pc2 board to ground for 24v ac i have 20v ac there. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Trailblazer has 2 sets of windings on the machine. 1 set makes welding power, the other makes AC power. They get magnetic flux to make power from a common field on the rotor.

Complete loss of power from both indicates the rotor lost all residual magnetism over time.

Depending on the PC board series on the machine you may be able to flash the rotor at the slip rings. Also check the slip rings & brushes for corrosion.

Comment

i determined last night that i do not have voltage between 18 and 19 which is the power to the slip rings, was on the phone with miller and they told my my pc board is dead so i have to send it out for testing and rebuild, does any one on here have an extra board or have a machine for parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
        Trailblazer has 2 sets of windings on the machine. 1 set makes welding power, the other makes AC power. They get magnetic flux to make power from a common field on the rotor.

Complete loss of power from both indicates the rotor lost all residual magnetism over time.

Depending on the PC board series on the machine you may be able to flash the rotor at the slip rings. Also check the slip rings & brushes for corrosion.
        my board number is 113587 how would i flash the rotor at the slip rings? brushes and slip rings all check out fine thank you for sharing your knowledge greatly appreciated

Comment

sounds like one of the thousands of Trailblazers somebody jumped the battery on and took the board out doing the jumping thing..

Comment

Working...
          X