The machine that makes cored wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The machine that makes cored wire

If you wondered how the flux gets in the middle you can find out.
    The wire begins as a flat ribbon cnd comes out a tube with powder welded inside the tube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yNGBC1GzT4

I'm thinking the inventor got the idea from the flavored straws as a kid he put in his glass of milk.

Comment

Weren't those straws spiral wound with a flavor strip rammed into the barrel? Some also had an accordion section so they bent got convenience. Seem to recall them being ungodly sweet too cause they used Saccharin from Sherwin Williams paint company in the strip too.

Sharon Bloom always had a strawberry one and would draw milk up and down in the straw for full flavor. Always thought she got to play Saxophone in school band cause of how she manipulated that straw.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
        Weren't those straws spiral wound with a flavor strip rammed into the barrel? Some also had an accordion section so they bent got convenience. Seem to recall them being ungodly sweet too cause they used Saccharin from Sherwin Williams paint company in the strip too.

Sharon Bloom always had a strawberry one and would draw milk up and down in the straw for full flavor. Always thought she got to play Saxophone in school band cause of how she manipulated that straw.
        I remember them, I think you're right about the flexible part of the straw at the top, as I recall the strawberry would even color the milk in the glass.

Comment

That's actually a large strip to be extruded down when you think about it? If any thought was given to just how little actually is in the center, compare that thought to the coating on an electrode, the important role of shielding gas flow rates becomes apparent doesn't it?

"
          Sharon Bloom always had a strawberry one and would draw milk up and down in the straw for full flavor. Always thought she got to play Saxophone in school band cause of how she manipulated that straw."

LOL!

"I'm thinking the inventor got the idea from the flavored straws as a kid he put in his glass of milk"

Probably...inspiration and perspiration.

It reminds me I haven't had strawberry milk in a while? Good idea Tack, I think I'll treat my self.

Comment

How do you get strawberry milk up there on the frozen tundra?
            Is it in plastic bags like your regular milk, or do you snip a corner and insert a berry strip?

Last Isaw Sharon she seemed to be exhibiting a personal imbalance like some wimmen claim they get from auto seat belts. I wondered if Sharon's was caused by the Saxiphone since shoulder straps for cars hadn't arrived yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
              That's actually a large strip to be extruded down when you think about it? If any thought was given to just how little actually is in the center, compare that thought to the coating on an electrode, the important role of shielding gas flow rates becomes apparent doesn't it?

"
              Sharon Bloom always had a strawberry one and would draw milk up and down in the straw for full flavor. Always thought she got to play Saxophone in school band cause of how she manipulated that straw."

LOL!

"I'm thinking the inventor got the idea from the flavored straws as a kid he put in his glass of milk"

Probably...inspiration and perspiration.

It reminds me I haven't had strawberry milk in a while? Good idea Tack, I think I'll treat my self.
              I think a strawberry shake from McDonald's is in my future too. Although I do miss the old soda fountains of yesteryear where real Ice cream was scooped out of cardboard containers and run through a blender much better. People of today's generation don't know what life is about, they think 90 buttons on the front of welder and touch screens is necessary for a good welder to make 100% x-ray welds.

Comment

Cardboard containers, you some kind of kid? IceCream comes in tinned steel cans aboot(C) 8" diameter and 2 feet tall. The glop in cardboard containers is volume expanded compressed air infused plasticized dairy product with a Gilbert Chemistry set added + Polysorbate 20 keeping it all together. May also contain soy and sweeteners from corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                  Cardboard containers, you some kind of kid? IceCream comes in tinned steel cans aboot(C) 8" diameter and 2 feet tall. The glop in cardboard containers is volume expanded compressed air infused plasticized dairy product with a Gilbert Chemistry set added + Polysorbate 20 keeping it all together. May also contain soy and sweeteners from corn.
                  I could be wrong, it may have been tinned cans, it was gooder than dairy queen at any rate. Do you know the amounts of creme in old compared to new ice cream? .

Comment

Remember that small sign at Dairy Queen "We serve iced milk"? Dairy Queen product is gelled skim milk flash frozen & extruded. Every glob of cream that could be removed was before the 5 gallon pail of mix arrived at DQ's door.

Cream isn't the determining factor in Ice Cream, butterfat content is. I don't have the numbers committed to memory, but a difference of 1% butterfat will show up fast in texture of ice cream. Secondary factor is compressed air content. More air will fill a half gallon can with less ice cream. You ever found an old box of ice cream that got lost in the freezer and noticed the slump? Air bubbles eventually collapse and the product slumps. Up to 13 of the contents can be compressed air if Polysorbate can hold the air in the product.

Comment

While a cheek hurting feeling bloated strawberry shake from Mc D's still sounds tempting, I don't need that discomfort often. But as Franz mention with the air fluffing, let it warm up and flatten down, that's one smooth and thick strawberry something to suck up and swallow isn't it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZzai6at_xA

Comment

Remember eating in SS diners, around here ours always had the best food and desserts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmoDYCyB5kM

Comment

Had at least 4 Sterling fake streetcars in Rochester when I was a kid, one might be left. One hopped on a truck and got moved to Steam Valley Pa. I think 1 is still left with a big addition on one end. Amber Diner went under the wrecking ball only to have a buyer show up as it was being trucked away. The outside was similar to Mobil porcelain gas stations of the 60s. Also had several White Towers, different from White Castle grease on a stick. They were porcelain panels inside and out designed to be run by 2 ladies with a 3d coming in for rush hours. WT bought enough burger buns Wonder Bread ran 3" buns for just them 6 days a week.

Enjoy your McShake, strawberry milkshake: milkfat and nonfat milk, sugar, sweet whey, high-fructose corn syrup, guar gum, monoglycerides and diglycerides, cellulose gum, sodium phosphate, carrageenan, citric acid, E129 and artificial strawberry flavour.
                          They actually dropped the soy juice and put real milk back in.

Comment

So much for buying a liter now that you read me the label of ingredients. I'm still buying a strawberry milk next time I'm buying groceries, just a lessor amount.
                            500ml, all the flavor and a wee bit of harm reduction for good measure.
                            A guy shouldn't deprive himself of all guilty pleasures should he?

Comment

More Vital Information-
                              Regular ice cream contains roughly 30% to 60% air. Soft serve ice cream contains more air, usually about 70% of its volume. The additional air gives soft serve a softer texture and causes it to melt more quickly, hence its name.

Soft serve is a different animal than hard scoop ice cream. It's got a much lower milk-fat, which keeps it from turning to butter when churned vigorously. Soft serve ice cream is about 3 -6% butterfat; super-premium ice cream has anywhere from 1 4 - 16 % butterfat.

And there's Gelato- One of the main components of gelato production is that it is churned very slowly, making it much more dense than regular ice cream. However, it contains about 5-7% less fat, due to the higher ratio of milk to cream.

Maybe I'll just stick to Frozen Custard and worry myself sick about catching Salmonella because the eggs weren't properly handled. The key ingredient to this delicious dish is egg yolk. All other ingredients are the same as regular ice cream, but the yolk creates a thicker product.

Keerap, I lost my appetite.

Comment

Working...
                              X