No announcement yet.

Mil scale removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't think a guy could take a bar code scanner and just hot rod it up do you? Sounds simple enough when I say it doesn't it? $85000EURO's for the small one, might be worth trying?

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
      You don't think a guy could take a bar code scanner and just hot rod it up do you? Sounds simple enough when I say it doesn't it? $85000EURO's for the small one, might be worth trying?
      I'm thinking based on personal experience of a guy in a lab coat with a helmet headgear supporting a laser welding up a bleeding retina the price gun idea is a no go.
      Tell you what, that green dot he was focusing on where he wanted to weld was tolerable, and when he stepped on the pedal and the light turned from green to red it felt like I got hit by Tack's locomotive. Turns out them laser diodes can be tuned to specific wavelengths to do different things, like WELD.

My hunch is yer price gun might need a little tuning and a touch more power.

Nothing to stop you from trying though if you feel like it.

Comment

I tried out the air needle scaler from Harbor Freight and it’s been pretty handy.

Comment

Originally posted by thieswelds View Post
          I tried out the air needle scaler from Harbor Freight and it’s been pretty handy.
          I broke down and bought one. Wish i would have had it years before. Get a few packs of extra needles too...Bob
          Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
          http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Working...
          X