110 volt passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 volt passes

Click image for larger version  Name:	Welding Chair 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	126.2 KB ID:	604654Click image for larger version  Name:	Welding Chair 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	218.9 KB ID:	604655 I bought a 110 v ​I bought a 110-volt welder just to see how they welded, the pics are the first welds I made with the machine after dialing it in to run 3/32 7018. also pics of my welding chair project, the seat came ​ from Northern.

Looks good. You keep building and you'll run out of space eventually. I'd have put the cross brace lower however only because I'd turn it into a shelf at some point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6409.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	604665

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
      Looks good. You keep building and you'll run out of space eventually. I'd have put the cross brace lower however only because I'd turn it into a shelf at some point.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":604665**[/ATTACH]

Noel, my plans are to mount a small metal toolbox on the side of the chair, and attach a magnetic torch holder to the toolbox, I also have been thinking about running a piece of tubing up the back of the chair and build a tilt-back and out of the way mount for a rechargeable floodlight I can reach and adjust while sitting in the chair. I still have enough room for an expanded metal shelf for holding hammers and brushes and other tools.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tackit; 11-18-2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

For the love of doG Tack quit screwin with TackGoo2.5 and build a real light or 5 yourself instead of buying plastic. Build cost is about 8 bucks including battery.

TackGoo2.5 already blows the competition away when it comes to stopping warping.

While yer at it, build a PerfectStool or 2. Much better on your back than wiggling on a cushion

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
          For the love of doG Tack quit screwin with TackGoo2.5 and build a real light or 5 yourself instead of buying plastic. Build cost is about 8 bucks including battery.

TackGoo2.5 already blows the competition away when it comes to stopping warping.

While yer at it, build a PerfectStool or 2. Much better on your back than wiggling on a cushion
          Frans, I need wheels on my chair, your design would sail across the floor with wheels mounted on it. Got a pic of the lights you are talking about, I have other lights but I need lights that have a small foot print and can be pushed/tilted up and out of the way when getting up from the chair.

Comment

No need for all the acting out Tack, the bottom ring of that triangular base was cut off a car wheel so PerfectStool is wheeled. Each buttock contact plate is independently suspended for maximum support and comfort when stretching and twisting as well, I swiped the concept from a Dentist. Then I modified the design of his $500 stool to make my $5- PerfectStool.

PerfectStool supports the weight without cutting circulation to the legs as well. That's supposedly important for old farts, and speaking of farts, PerfectStool allows gas passage without additional resistance.

Small adjustable light, just copy the current generation of dental chair lighting arm with a LED array or 2 so you can have variable lighting. Scrap bucket and a couple hours and you can tell people it's SteamPunk. You could work a IV pole socket onto that road racer contraption of yours to hold the light pole and swap it for an umbrella if you're outside so you don't get sunburned.

I'm beginning to wonder if you didn't get Hooked on Mass in all them years at the railroad mounting turn signals on locomotives.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, your design is a good one for someone with full mobility, but the design wouldn't work for me. I keep my wheeled chair right by the shop service door so I can ploop down on it as soon as I get through the door, then I scoot myself over to the welding table or whatever I'm working on. I can reach down and pick up and carry steel and heavy objects I need once sitting in my chair, let me tell ya, it's a giant PIA to be limited in one's mobility.I think next spring I'm going to buy a golf cart, it will be easier to get on then into my truck.

A used golf cart like Rocky had would be cool.

Comment

Golfmobiles = Neh. Got 2 sitting here and they're a bigger PITA than they're worth, electric or gas. Rocky's ride was a Cushman industrial, officially inventoried by the company as the welding shop service vehicle. I always hunched Rocky had done so many favors for bosses nobody asked him WTH he was doing.

I kinda sorta just might have some understanding of mobility issues Tack. I myself rattle a bit, but I can and do still motivate around.
                You got enough clear concrete to wheel around on great. Put yerself a modified Hoyer lift boom on that chariot for lifting, and you can also use it as a light pole and Okie pole too.

Comment

Quick & cheap Tack 5" 2" ss angle flange for heat sinking, 2 switches and some scraps brazed together with O/A. The LEDs are 20 watt emitters 120 volt..
                  You could use 12 volt emitters and power em from the gocart battery. Telescoping pole from JunQue supply.
                  6 feet above ground this puppy lights up half an acre in full dark.

Comment

Quick & cheap Tack 5" 2" ss angle flange for heat sinking, 2 switches and some scraps brazed together with O/A. The LEDs are 20 watt emitters 120 volt..
                    You could use 12 volt emitters and power em from the gocart battery. Telescoping pole from JunQue supply.
                    6 feet above ground this puppy lights up half an acre in full dark.
                    My idea suits my particular needs better. I have good lighting in my shop, but having focused light to work on things my lighting won't reach would be nice.
                    Last edited by tackit; 11-22-2019, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Golfmobiles = Neh. Got 2 sitting here and they're a bigger PITA than they're worth, electric or gas. Rocky's ride was a Cushman industrial, officially inventoried by the company as the welding shop service vehicle. I always hunched Rocky had done so many favors for bosses nobody asked him WTH he was doing.

I kinda sorta just might have some understanding of mobility issues Tack. I myself rattle a bit, but I can and do still motivate around.
                      You got enough clear concrete to wheel around on great. Put yerself a modified Hoyer lift boom on that chariot for lifting, and you can also use it as a light pole and Okie pole too.
                      Here's a nice Rocky-style machine. I like the larger aluminum box more than the plastic one,,, now the check to pay for it, seems to be a problem with my pen every time something costs over $20 these old geezer days.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Comment

Face it, you're a dip pen man in a world of touchscreens.

Neighbor, the rich guy, has a fleet of them green scooters for his rancho. His wife tells me they own at least 8 because minimally 2 are in the shop for repairs. I figure his $$$$$ his choice. I get along fine on my modified 62 Jake garden tractor and I can pull a trailer if I need it. Sure don't have thousands of $$$ in that Jake either.

Funny part is he's made me an offer to buy the Jake. Seems he can only buy what's available and can't make diddle himself. Same applies to all 9 of his kids.

Comment

Around her
                          Face it, you're a dip pen man in a world of touchscreens.

Neighbor, the rich guy, has a fleet of them green scooters for his rancho. His wife tells me they own at least 8 because minimally 2 are in the shop for repairs. I figure his $$$$$ his choice. I get along fine on my modified 62 Jake garden tractor and I can pull a trailer if I need it. Sure don't have thousands of $$$ in that Jake either.

Funny part is he's made me an offer to buy the Jake. Seems he can only buy what's available and can't make diddle himself. Same applies to all 9 of his kids.
                          If you can write them off it's not such a bad investment, but I can't so I'd rather have my money making money so I can pay my taxes and living expenses, and watch videos of young rich people and idiots spend theirs. around here everyone drives $40-$60,000 pickups, but there ain't no jobs here that pay that kind of money.
                          Last edited by tackit; 11-22-2019, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Check this bench mounted stool Tack.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3YidlXajU

Could have been much nicer if it was height adjustable with a seat that don't require straddling the arm.

I guess only so much can be expected from a man who welds n short pants.

Comment

That guy don't believe in beveling his joints, I will be watching for a video of his azz laying on the floor after he uses it for a while. If he didn't want to take time to bevel his joints, he should have at least used 6010, He has a badazz grinder, he should have used it to bevel his joints.

He should have welded a caster wheel under the chair too. I don't like the idea myself, with a support caster under the seat and telescoping pieces of square tubbing on top for adjustment options, it possibly could be used for other jobs in the shop, like sliding in a mast with a wench on it to lift heavy things on the table.
                              Last edited by tackit; 11-23-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X