RIP my best Pal and welding dog Toby.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP my best Pal and welding dog Toby.

Getting over my Toby ain't going so easy, for 14 years he guarded the family and the property, as I get older the things that I loved and meant the most to me I'm losing, It really sucks to get old. RIP my Toby. 11-14-2019

Sorry to hear that, tack.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      Sorry to hear that, tack.
      Thank you Ryan.

Comment

Tack I have no doubt Toby is at the Bridge with many who have worked long and hard with me. As they wait for us they can and will compare notes and swap stories about things they watched us do.
        Hang in Tack. Be glad Toby is feeling no pain and know he is waiting for you.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Comment

My condolences, as well, Tack. I have a 9 yr. old buddy with a bad heart, who is not expected to make it another year. I am beside myself. Every time I read the Rainbow Bridge thing, I get a little watery. Rest assured, you'll see him again.

Comment

Thanks, Franz and MetJunkie. I get a pain deep in my chest when I think about him being gone from me, I have to put my mind on other things so I don't get overwhelmed by his passing The Rainbow bridge is wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time, only time will heal this broken heart. Man it hurts.

Comment

Sorry to hear of this. Had to put down the best b¡tch I've ever had a couple years back. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I feel for ya Tackit.

When the time is right, get you another dog. It's never the same, but life's too short to be without one.

He looks like he was a nice fella. Great smile.

Comment

My condolences Tack.
                Like many, I've shared a like sorrow, and understand the grief you and your family might feel over the loss of Toby. A
                family member who's absence is strongly felt and sure to be missed. My deepest symapthies for your loss.

Comment

Please accept my condolences tackit
                  Richard
                  West coast of Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
                    Sorry to hear of this. Had to put down the best b¡tch I've ever had a couple years back. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I feel for ya Tackit.

When the time is right, get you another dog. It's never the same, but life's too short to be without one.

He looks like he was a nice fella. Great smile.
                    Thanks Helios and Noel. Toby was a great family dog, I never feared for the grandkids when they visited and went outside to play when Toby was with them, he never had to be taught to watch over them either.

Toby was as gentle as lamb to those he knew, especially the grandkids' kids, but strangers were afraid to get out of their vehicles when they drove up the driveway, though he learned quick who was OK to be on the property and who wasn't.

I still have two dogs, Toby trained our black golden retriever well, he's a good watchdog too, our other dog is Toby's daughter, she's like her father in many ways, I feel safe with both of them on the property. Like so many of us, I love dogs and could not imagine not having dogs in my life.

Comment

Animals have a funny way of weaseling into our hearts and becoming more of our family and loved ones than some of our family and loved ones. I feel your pain Tackit. I offer my condolences. I have a raccoon (Doodles) that is just that... my best friend, my partner in crime, sits and listens better than any human being could ever do. Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1751217128250556.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	728.6 KB
ID:	604648
                      Dynasty 400 wireless
                      Coolmate 3.5
                      Sw320 speedway
                      Ck flex lock 230
                      4 victor flow meters
                      2 Flametech Duel flowmeters
                      2 genuine miller torch buttons
                      A$$ loads of tungsten
                      XMT 350 CC/CV
                      S74DX feeder
                      Stick leads from here to China
                      A30 Spool gun
                      WC24
                      Langmuir crossfire hobby table
                      Everlast powerplasma 100 w hypertherm torch
                      Harris O/A
                      Pet raccoon
                      I'm just a peckerwood in the boonies with fancy welding equipment

Comment

Thanks sledsports, I appreciate your condolences and agree with you, our pets can be more painful to lose then some family members. Raccoons are beautiful animals, it's good to see you guys are such bosom buddies. .

Comment

very sorry for your loss sometimes loosing a buddy like yours hurts deep inside but I can tell you that it gets better with time. I lost my long time pall and hunting partner 3 years ago she was not replaceable this made me tear up just remembering. Again sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Weld dr View Post
                            very sorry for your loss sometimes loosing a buddy like yours hurts deep inside but I can tell you that it gets better with time. I lost my long time pall and hunting partner 3 years ago she was not replaceable this made me tear up just remembering. Again sorry for your loss.
                            Thanks for your kind words Weld dr. Toby can't be replaced, he was my joy, happiness and staff all in one amazing and wonderful pet.

Comment

We had a family dog named Snoopy which passed and we all agreed no more dogs. Some time later, my young brother brought a puppy home and we all regected her. A few days later, she was licking a can of Pepsi Cola and my mother decided to name her Pepsi. Once she had a name we began to warm up to her. My brother married and moved away. My mother passed and Pepsi and I were inseparable. A great "shop dog" and a true friend for fifteen years. When the day came to put her down, it was the saddest day of my life. To this day when ever I am in a supermarket and I pass by the soda isle and see Pepsi Cola on the shelves, I think of my buddy. I'm sorry for your loss because I know how it feels.

Comment

Working...
                              X