Pancakes - Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pancakes - Darkness

Considering a pancake hood because it looks like it would put my eyes in a darkened environment with no light coming from behind my head. I have some puddle visibility problems with light like my Elite allows. I’ve tried adding a leather blackout shield but it’s cumbersome and increases the heat; just overall an annoying solution.

Would the pancake goggles resolve the problem above?

Are there any issues like spatter associated with a pancake in a general welding environment (be pretty rare for me to do pipe)?
    =======================
    Miller 211 AutoSet
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
    Francisco Goya

The pancake will most certainly keep light out from behind the hood and into your eye balls.

Comment

Have you tried tinted wrap-around safety glasses under your hood? You should already be wearing wrap-around clear to protect from the bouncing UV already, but having tinted ones can help with the visible spectrum that you are concerned with. You'll need sufficient ambient light in the shop and maybe less shade on the welding hood to compensate.

Comment

I wear glasses; which may be another issue I have to deal with in a pancake.
        =======================
        Miller 211 AutoSet
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
        Francisco Goya

Comment

Seriously; How do you feel about Melanoma?

Ever notice that UV suntan on your chest when you didn't button your collar up?

Comment

Working...
          X