Miller price increase??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCalTA
    Why would their past price increase have any bearing on your decision now?

Believe me it does.

And the vendors know it.

TMT

Comment

That's the silliest thing I have ever heard. You are paying todays prices .. not yesterdays or tomorrows. Either you like the equipment and can afford it or you don't like it and then don't buy it. I don't sit here contemplating a current purchase based on chart showing me their price increases. Either I want it and can afford it or I can't.
      MM210 w/3035
      Next up - Sync 200

Comment

nnn0rau,

That's just one of my babies (Kimber Stainless Gold Match) !! I just shoot for fun, nothing organized. Recently I've been working on organizing my shop and office so shooting time has been lacking. Hopefully, by the fall I'll be able to spend more quality time with all my babies.

SoCalTA,

Exactly! By the time TMT gets done wonder what's going to happen next, the prices will go up again. LOL!!!
        Bob Sigmon
        A/O Setup with Meco Midget
        Miller Big Window Elite
        Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

Ot,

Bob,
          I have a home brew custom Colt... I had too... cause the original blew-up in my hands ;-) ten #'s of power in a 5# bucket. Was interuppted reloading while developing "a new wimp round!!!" Used to spend 1000 rds a week with a Cooper-special, 200 grain lead semi wad cutter at 1000 fps; reloading. After she went, I customized her. After pressing the receiver back square, I added the Les Baer (sp) slide, Chip McCormic hammer, polished sear, trigger, Wilson bushing, grips & springs, and (I forgot the name) some special antibite dovetrail... Colt barrel, & (I forgot - again) some special tactical sites... Smooth as glass. In my day I could spend 7 rds into a 10" pie plate at 50 paces within 6 seconds from a 'surrender' position. After the accident, it took me over a year to quit flinching... Meanwhile, I was getting older & older. With bi/trifoacals, I eventually got out-of-it. Just keep her her close-by loaded with 230 gr hydrashocks in case "my little-camelot" is invaded by bad-guys ;-) ;-) ;-) I swap thje mags out every-other-week to keep the spring memory to a min. Mama likes the 7 shot, 12 gauge riotgun loaded with #8 Birdshot. Surgeons hate that stuff and... less collaterial risk through the walls. thanks for satisfying my curiousity itch !!!
          Love my newest RE-BORN 'hobby', - BLUE
          Russ
          MM175, 300/200 Thunderbolt,
          M125c baby plasma,
          BWE (red flames),
          Victor Super-Range O2/Fuel,
          and lots-of-junk slowly being replaced.

Comment

Gas Prices

Does anyone know the number of times the price of gas has gone up in the last few days? Does anyone still buy it?

I think the Miller machines are still a bargain, I like mine and will continue to buy more. If I can't afford it, I won't buy it. I haven't paid attention to other brands, but I'm guessing their prices have increased too. I'm also guessing the price pros charge for services have gone up, wages have gone up, my weight has gone up.

If Miller haas to make a decision to raise prices or reduce service, I'm glad prices are going up.

Kelly

PS - Bob, Nice Kimber I have always wanted one as their quality is great. I have my FFL, but they won't sell unless I buy in quantity. Plus I'm sure their price has gone up
            Thanks -- Kelly

Trailblazer 302
            Millermatic 251
            Millermatic Passport
            Syncrowave 180SD

Red 120V Mig
            HT600 Plasma Cutter
            Victor Journeyman O/A
            Loving Wife

Comment

Kelly,

While I have slowed down my buying quite a bit, I have 4 Kimber's and they are all fantastic. I have 3", 4" and 5" 45's and a 4" 40S&W. Lots of fun. And the prices do keep going up!

nnn0rau,

I shoot 200gr swc over 4.8 gr of Bullseye (about 840fps), nice and easy target shooting. I don't have to load for a power factor so I keep them easy to shoot. I use my Dillon XL650 for loading, so no double loads! Glad that you didn't get wacked when it went off!

I bought an old Argentine Colt and put about $1500 into tools and parts to build a dynamite pistola!!! I even hand checkered the front strap! See attached pic -
              Attached Files
              Bob Sigmon
              Miller Big Window Elite
              Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

dynamite pistola

Bob,

I couldn't use bulleye because with my setup, I couldn't get the super-tight 1" groups that I required from-a-rest to overcome the quick off-hand "out-of-position"(s) I found myself in... Been so long tho, I don't remember what I used. but seem to remember that it was a medium burn flake powder (#9?) primarily used for shotguns. I now have firearms in my battery that I haven't even shot yet. As such, I eventually quit buying them ;-) ;-) ;-)
                As far as prices & their shellshock, people WILL get used to them. One thing true about quality firearms and MILLER - they hold their re-sale value if anyone was silly-enough to sell them.
                Thanks for the photo!!! My lil'Gabriel is mil-spec parker black... I have this personal quirk about reflections with anticiapted use of tactical sidearms. She is less pretty tho... Yours Sir - is very very NICE!
                Russ
                MM175, 300/200 Thunderbolt,
                M125c baby plasma,
                BWE (red flames),
                Victor Super-Range O2/Fuel,
                and lots-of-junk slowly being replaced.

Comment

Normally our prices go up every year. The last increase was Oct of 2004 so this increase is coming a couple months early. Before that it was Feb of 2004. These last 2 years were the hardest in material costs and the price increase was to try to offset the problem of getting good steel. Our competitors had price increases even before we did. Last year, "L" had the increase in MAY while we held off 'till Oct. We realize that price increases put a damper on businesses under us but the trickle down effect takes place on all levels. Costs go up to us and we sooner or later pass them on to our customers. They should pass it on again. It's the facts of business supply and demand.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Comment

nnn0rau,

I actually haven't gotten my pistola finsihed. I think that I'm going to get it finished in a matte black Diamond Coat. I've just been so busy building tools, benches and carts for my shop that all the other goodies have to take a back seat. It still shoots real nice with the old finish.

Andy,

I have always thought that Millers prices have been very fair for the quality. I always try to get the best price that I can while still letting the dealer make a fair profit. In turn, I price myself to make a reasonable profit also. It would be nice if prices didn't have to go up but the prices of Miller equipment haven't risen at any where near the rate of cars and homes, so things are good. Now I just have to save up for a plasma cutter!
                    Bob Sigmon
                    Miller Big Window Elite
                    Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

Bob & nnn,
                      Glad to know more shooters for sure. USPSA member here, nnn; cert. range officer for IPSC, too. What a blast! My favorite is my 70-series Colt Combat Elite, tricked out nicely. I remember when Kimber got started. I knew then they were gonna go far; but I was poor then, and could just sit back and watch...

I second the price increase being better than Miller dropping to the level of everybody else's customer service. Let TMT have a shop of mismatched best-bargain-at-the-time machines. I'm more impressed with someone who has all ESABs and knows them inside and out and has a great rapport with them, than someone who just shops around and has every color of the rainbow in their shop and no rapport with anyone.

Comment

well it looks like millers prices have not gone up any where near as manny times as the prices at the steel places, as i'm shoure most of you here are aware. as for the fact that miller raised there prices to keep the quality steel in the welder rather than going with whatever crap they could get, that is the reason my shop will only hold blue. i'll save till i can aford it knowing it will last more than long enugh to get me my $$$ back and then some, if you want quality you have to pay for it. miller pays for quality steel for the welder and you in turn have to pay a higher price to get that welder. i'm ok with that.
                        if you are not interested in quality then shop for the cheapest, and see what it ends up causting you in the next 5 years of use
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                        JAMES

Comment

I sure don't like spending any more than I have to for anything I buy, and look for a good deal, but I also understand offering a quality product and service costs and you either have to pay the freight or look elsewhere. In my business (diesel engines) I will give a good deal but will not price fight. If I have to compete on price only I'd just as soon you went elsewhere. We pay top rate in our area for tech's, keep them current with training and tooling, stock parts on hand of somewhere around $200 k, have a well equiped facility, know what we're doing and stand behind our work, both here and across the country. Have a repair done here and breakdown 1500 miles away, you're covered. All this and more costs, current cost is charged out at $91.00 per hour, and we stay darn busy. When I purchase goods for myself price is generally not the deciding factor. I buy Snap-on hand tools, Honda and Milwaukee power tools and Miller welding gear, all top of the line, none of it cheap China crap. If Miller has to raise prices to continue to maintain their quality and service and keep production here in the US I'm OK with that. Just don't EVER ship production to China, even if it saves a few bucks, that kind of savings isn't worth it.
                          Just my way of looking at it,
                          Manny

Comment

Exactly

I could not have said better! 10-4!

Comment

Working...
                            X