Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap on scanner and electronics...

Electronics...Stuff baffles me.
    I'm not shy to admit it. I know I'm not alone.

I like to think when it comes to discussing electricity, current flow, frequency and welding related stuff like that, I've got what I think is a pretty good understanding as it applies to welding? I can read a road map and a schematic. New York to LA....Battery to screen.
    What's all those town and small things in between eh? That's the baffling part.

I'm taking the step from darkness into the light venturing into murky waters... darn murky water. I like seeing the bottom?

Well I drove across town, LRT construction is progressing slowly, and ended up at my source store for electronic supplies. While I did get a couple of counter freebies, it was no luck on the pins to fit the socket? I'm wondering now if there isn't a sleeve in the socket that if removed would fit a standard board pin? Because I have those, and they don't fit.
    Checking with my WYPO tip cleaners, the third smallest fits the hole. That's a small hole.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7023.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	604092

Now I've had this in my possession for a while. Not as great of a challenge as solving Dynasty issues that's for sure. But if a guy can't fix simple, what hope is there for complicated?

jjohn76 performs brain surgery and I'm reading about the parts he operated on?

https://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/welding-discussions/597484-dynasty-200sd-low-buss-voltage

The thing is in my living room. Oh yea... it's giving me the eye. It's saying, go ahead and try.
    Little does it know, I own a big hammer.

Jon...I'm going to search for pins, but failing that sourcing, soldering three wires seems like an easy solution.

They look like Molex to me.

Nobody who pays for SnapOn the tools favored around the world by *******s lets me that near their toys to know though.

Now, the fun part, there are multiple sizes of Molex you get to fight with, and of course "special" crimpers.

You can get kits like this
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Kit-9-Pin...EAAOSw4A5Yu88D

Of course being SnapOn, the plug may be ******* spacing so you may need to resort to the time honored shrink tube + Bondo method.

Comment

I'm going to measure the pin and the tip cleaner, getting a diameter too compare I'll find a match or go with plan "B". Seems Digi Key offers pins in all sizes it's just a matter of picking the right ones. The "B" plan seems quicker though?

It snowed last night, 2" of the white stuff and -5 for a high. A good day to stay indoors and solder stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
        They look like Molex to me.

Nobody who pays for SnapOn the tools favored around the world by *******s lets me that near their toys to know though.

Now, the fun part, there are multiple sizes of Molex you get to fight with, and of course "special" crimpers.

You can get kits like this
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Kit-9-Pin...EAAOSw4A5Yu88D

Of course being SnapOn, the plug may be ******* spacing so you may need to resort to the time honored shrink tube + Bondo method.
        I too am very particular in who touches my snap on tools. My welding equipment is a no touch zone now.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190724_183130.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	604116Click image for larger version

Name:	20190626_151232.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	604117
        Dynasty 400 wireless
        Coolmate 3.5
        Sw320 speedway
        Ck flex lock 230
        4 victor flow meters
        2 Flametech Duel flowmeters
        2 genuine miller torch buttons
        A$$ loads of tungsten
        XMT 350 CC/CV
        S74DX feeder
        Stick leads from here to China
        A30 Spool gun
        WC24
        Langmuir crossfire hobby table
        Everlast powerplasma 100 w hypertherm torch
        Harris O/A
        Pet raccoon
        I'm just a peckerwood in the boonies with fancy welding equipment

Comment

Looks like yer blessed with a top drawer toolcrib manager.

Now get to work making a protector for the flow gauge and a proper hanger for the grinder.

Comment

Working...
          X