Takit can live in the shop with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takit can live in the shop with this

No need to roll back and forth to the house, and save the hinges on the storm door.

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
    No need to roll back and forth to the house, and save the hinges on the storm door.
    That's a pretty cool machine, but this time of year I like my dogs stuck on the ends of leaf rake and roasted over a wood fire.along with toasted buns, I might even buy a cheap bottle of Blackberry Brandy to wash em down.

Comment

That's a hot dog machine? As in get your red hots...
      Forgive the slow Canadian here.
      I was thing Hot tamale candy? Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	604056I was wondering how it dispensed?

Comment

Noel it's OK to be slow in Canada.

I well recall being in Toronto in the 50s, and not a single Canadian knew what a hamburger was. Closest they came was a slab of meatloaf between 2 slices of bread.
        Then
        Canada awakened. Every friggin gas station in Quebec and half of Ontario had a clapped out bread van with a propane tank and hole in the side of the truck with a hand painted sign offering Hamburgers and Patates frietes for sale. Bein as West as you are confusion could still be delaying your development.

Guy who has that machine absolutely won't let me pull the covers to look inside or even sneak my fiber optic scope in. That is downright antisocial.

Comment

That's what happens when you watch Antique Road show, things become priceless, they don't let you handle them. I'd like to see inside as well, must be like a clock making all those hot dogs spinning in circles?

For the record, it was more a translation thing those red hots. I went Canadian when I should have remembered my limited American up bringing and indoctrination. Guess I failed the who's a commie test?

Comment

I've seen aboot 3 episodes of that antique show, truth to tell I'd enjoy watching the last bubbles rise to the surface as I drown those idiots slow.

I quit watching TV not long after seeing that crap and don't miss it one bit.

The goob with the machine is absolutely certain it's 1905-10 vintage. I got no idea what it ran on since electricity wasn't common here till the 20s and a lot of that was made from steam in plants where t was used.

Worse, the pictures SUCK, and I can't even tell if all heat was provided by a low wattage lamp in the center consuming Hydro/electrons.
            Also can't tell if the tubesteaks rotate on the individual spindles.

We may have to get Tack thru winter with a weiner roller like everybody had in the 50s & 60s.. He needs to stay in the shop cause he's way behind on his project and might not make the Christmas sales deadline.

Comment

I've seen aboot 3 episodes of that antique show, truth to tell I'd enjoy watching the last bubbles rise to the surface as I drown those idiots slow.

I quit watching TV not long after seeing that crap and don't miss it one bit.

The goob with the machine is absolutely certain it's 1905-10 vintage. I got no idea what it ran on since electricity wasn't common here till the 20s and a lot of that was made from steam in plants where t was used.

Worse, the pictures SUCK, and I can't even tell if all heat was provided by a low wattage lamp in the center consuming Hydro/electrons.
              Also can't tell if the tubesteaks rotate on the individual spindles.

We may have to get Tack thru winter with a weiner roller like everybody had in the 50s & 60s.. He needs to stay in the shop cause he's way behind on his project and might not make the Christmas sales deadline.
              I have a ramp now, so next year it's balls to the wall with projects. I have to widen my 8 X 4 trailer and axle so my Snapper's 48" mowing deck can fit in it, cut a 300 gallon fuel tank in half and weld a 3/16 separation plate between the two halves, one side for gas, the other side for diesel, and mount the tank on a trailer so I take it to my farmer neighbor to have his fuel man fill it for me when he gets fuel, .and build a 6' angle iron drag harrow for maintaining the stone driveway, and a solar-powered weiner roasting machine. I had to take a bite out of my sandwich, it was so thick it was coming apart.

I don't have but a couple of welding machines that are running fine, so I'm not much help when It comes to repairing welding machines. I hope I don't bore y'all with my BS. Click image for larger version  Name:	SANDWHICH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.9 KB ID:	604067
              Last edited by tackit; 11-04-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

DO NOT cut a fuel tank and put a wall in it so you can store both gas and number 2 fuel!

You get BUSTED with a modified tank that wasn't modified by a Certified tank shop some alphabet agency will take your farm.

Then there is the 113 gallon rule on portables
                Then there is the shelf life issue with alcy containing gasoline. The crap comes apart and plasticizes 90 days from the refinery gate.
                I store my treated generator gas in sealed stainless containment, and rotate it thru mowers and garden tractors to prevent morphing to plastic. Vented storage sucks water out of the atmosphere.

There are thousands of road legal 100 gallon tanks that came off trucks that went to scrap, so many they are CHEAP. Wreckers can't afford to clean them for crushing.

Get a tube of water detecting paste and learn how to pull puddles out of tanks the easy safe way.

Put the sammich down and get back on how to keep TackSTOP paste from freezing.
                AmeriKa is waiting for that product, especially in the new sausage pack.

Comment

DO NOT cut a fuel tank and put a wall in it so you can store both gas and number 2 fuel!

You get BUSTED with a modified tank that wasn't modified by a Certified tank shop some alphabet agency will take your farm.

Then there is the 113 gallon rule on portables
                  Then there is the shelf life issue with alcy containing gasoline. The crap comes apart and plasticizes 90 days from the refinery gate.
                  I store my treated generator gas in sealed stainless containment, and rotate it thru mowers and garden tractors to prevent morphing to plastic. Vented storage sucks water out of the atmosphere.

There are thousands of road legal 100 gallon tanks that came off trucks that went to scrap, so many they are CHEAP. Wreckers can't afford to clean them for crushing.

Get a tube of water detecting paste and learn how to pull puddles out of tanks the easy safe way.

Put the sammich down and get back on how to keep TackSTOP paste from freezing.
                  AmeriKa is waiting for that product, especially in the new sausage pack.
                  I thought I would post my tank Idea here to get your feedback, I'm glad I did, I'll keep your truck fuel tanks idea in mind, thanks Franz©.

I keep one 5 gallon gas can where people who run out of gas on the highway down the road from me and come to my house for help, can get to it without me having to leave the house in the dark. So far I've not been cheated by those who didn't have money on them to pay for it, they came back and paid me.

I have been putting Lucas gas treatment in my gas for the last three years and have had good luck with it, Howes diesel treatment goes in my diesel fuel storage cans.

https://lucasoil.com/products/fuel-t...th-stabilizers

https://www.howeslube.com/products/diesel-treat
                  Last edited by tackit; 11-04-2019, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Biggest part of stored fuel is keeping water out of it.

Second big part of fueling, particularly with Diesel is filling machines just before you start the machine for the day rather than the night before. #2 contains a lot of paraffin both suspended and dissolved, and will drop it on the bottom of the tank fast if there is a low temperature and a little water to catalize the reaction. Enjoyed watching a fleet of Macks try coming alive mornings with a startall and ether because the owner insisted on fueling when they finished the day.. Fuel filters weren't cheap back then either, and he wouldn't use water paste and dip his tanks. New owner took over and immediately checked tanks.. Then he pumped a few hundred gallons of water out, went to fueling in the morning and got the trucks on the road fast.

Funny thing is it's generally easy to pull water out of a tank, but people don't know how and won't learn, so millions go down the dumper every year beating he11 out of starters.

Comment

Working...
                    X