354mp Invision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 354mp Invision

I inquired about a pulse pendant for my XMT350 a while back here but I have seen a couple of 354mps in good shape with the pulse programs and my wheels are turning. Instead of buying a pulse Pendant i think i would be ahead to purchase a 354mp. The reason I am looking at the 354mp instead the 352mpa... correct me if I am wrong but I believe the pulse programs are in the power source itself allowing my 74dx to do the pulse. It appears to be discontinued and l couldn't find the literature to read to see if it compatible with my S74DX feeder and 30a spool guns as it is an older machine. Serial number is LH on both so that makes them 2007. Thoughts, opinions and information are what I am after guys. I know the 352 MPA is probably the machine that took its place. I know I lose the tig function and 25 amps but 400 amps are still plenty for my home shop. I have my dynasty 400 for all of my tig work anyways so I know what I am losing just not sure what I would be gaining if I replaced the Xmt 350 with the 354. As always thank you guys and gals.
    Last edited by sledsports; 11-03-2019, 01:34 PM.
    Dynasty 400 wireless
    Coolmate 3.5
    Sw320 speedway
    Ck flex lock 230
    4 victor flow meters
    2 Flametech Duel flowmeters
    2 genuine miller torch buttons
    A$$ loads of tungsten
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX feeder
    Stick leads from here to China
    A30 Spool gun
    WC24
    Langmuir crossfire hobby table
    Everlast powerplasma 100 w hypertherm torch
    Harris O/A
    Pet raccoon
    I'm just a peckerwood in the boonies with fancy welding equipment

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/...n-hookup-chart

Comment

Thanks Franz but couldn't find the 354mp on that list. I have the WC24 for my XMT350 so I am going to assume it will work.
      Last edited by sledsports; 11-03-2019, 03:10 PM.
      Dynasty 400 wireless
      Coolmate 3.5
      Sw320 speedway
      Ck flex lock 230
      4 victor flow meters
      2 Flametech Duel flowmeters
      2 genuine miller torch buttons
      A$$ loads of tungsten
      XMT 350 CC/CV
      S74DX feeder
      Stick leads from here to China
      A30 Spool gun
      WC24
      Langmuir crossfire hobby table
      Everlast powerplasma 100 w hypertherm torch
      Harris O/A
      Pet raccoon
      I'm just a peckerwood in the boonies with fancy welding equipment

Comment

That machine will work with both the S74DX and the Spoolmatic 30A/WC-24 gun systems. It's basically the XMT 304 with the same controls as the optima at the cost of removing the lift arc circuits for Tig. The wire feeders for these just run a constant speed, so no special feeders are necessary - you just set program numbers from under the panel cover. I think you can adjust trim from the S74DX or from the power supply. I have seen those sell for under $1k, and they may be due a new pair of buss capacitors at about $130 each, so hopefully you're way ahead. The XMT 350s seem to resell pretty fast.

Comment

Working...
        X