Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat 250 trouble

Hi all,
    Wondering if you can point me in the right direction regarding a problem I've been having recently. I have a bobcat 250 that I purchased new in 2011, S/N MB440026H, Kohler 23 HP engine. I've been having trouble running my 252 recently (chastise me later). As soon as I start a weld it shuts the 252 off and restarts within a couple seconds. I have done a few things recently including fine control rheostat and replacing brushes/redress slip rings. My voltage at my brushes on run and 10 is 89.5, completely acceptable. My voltage at my recep yesterday was at 113, so I adjusted the idle speed until I got 130 volts. After making this adjustment, I plugged the 252 in and ran a few beads, no problem. So into the field I went to patch an auger, only to have the same problem. Checked voltage at recep last night and only had 79.5.
    Any thoughts greatly appreciated!!
    The main thing is not to panic.

I understand your frustration. In a perfect world both machines will never age. The transformer, stator, rotor all will stay pristine. You have had good luck running these paired as of course you know it's not recommended. Running them brand new is already on the edge. As they age, well you know what I'm going to say. If the 252 runs good on your shop power, than you've tip over the edge.

Comment

Have you changed the receptacle?

Comment

Tackit, same reading either recep. Ordered fuses from MSC today. Type ABC fuses not an easy find in North Dakota. One fuse tested bad, kinda busted the other one trying to get it out. Replacing both, will report back tomorrow. Thanks for the response!

Comment

1997CST,
          Im really ok with replacing major stuff every 8 years, just trying to pinpoint...

Comment

Well I guess I forgot that my small town, North Dakota is a geographic anomaly. Overnight is 2 days away from everywhere. Waiting for tomorrow, pretty much patiently...

Comment

Working...
            X