Pipepro 400 wireless remote repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipepro 400 wireless remote repair?

My helper somehow dropped a skid in my remote and busted the screen, called Miller and they said it can’t be repaired, surely there is somebody out there that can replace the screen vs buying a complete new remote? As long as the repair don’t cost more than the hand held remote, any advise appreciated.

I had to do an internet search to figure out what the LCD screen looked like, so I don't have the most experience out there with these. But I do know those LCD screens are pretty common, and if you can get it open, I could probably help you find a replacement screen.

Comment

Miller's wireless controls are manufactured by Hetronics.

You could try to get a replacement from them.

Good luck

http://www.hetronic.com/
      Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I’ve got a local electronics repair shop I’m going to talk to, I’ll pass on the info about Hetronic building them.

Comment

If you find a source for screens let me know, I have a 55" Sony that needs a new one?

Comment

Oh Noel, you are a funny one.

Comment

I looked up the online price of a new Miller remote and discovered It's cheaper to buy a new 55" Sony... does that make sense?

As It seems they both hold little value
              without screens that work, I've been thinking it's time for me to
              visit the eco recycling center to deal with such broken matters? Dropping off is quick and easy, problem solved.
              How are you making out on finding a screen or getting it serviced?

Comment

I spoke with Hedronix. I had to by 1000 screens to get one. Good luck

Comment

Maybe somebody with a laser could cut you a chunk out of Noel's busted TV screen.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                    I spoke with Hedronix. I had to by 1000 screens to get one. Good luck
                    There aren't too many pictures available of that screen, is it a three digit, seven segment display? I wonder how many header pins it has. These LCD displays seem pretty common until you try to look for a replacement...

Comment

I say get out the small screw drivers and open it up. Take pictures. Inquiring minds are curious. So are some of us monkeys named George.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	498-06.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	604197

Comment

Working...
                      X