No announcement yet.

Powermax 30 air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you'll ever regret your choice. Having just a lowly Powermax 30, I'm jealous.

Comment

next purchase prob in jan first of the year is going to be a miller 211 welder

Comment

Not to dissuade you from the 211, but have you considered the Hobart 210 MVP? It's a transformer base, vs. the inverter of the 211. A friend of mine recently got one, the thing welds beautifully.

Comment

i have a hobart ez handler 140 its a good welder but i like the weight of the 211... so how are miller multi process machines im wanting to get into tig welding sooner or later should also be good for metal art
          Last edited by CD82; 11-02-2019, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I am personally not a fan of multi-process machines, but might be a good fit for you if you’re doing metal art.

Don’t be fooled by it though. The machine may be multi-process, but to get that functionality, you have to buy the parts for it, like the tig torch, foot pedal, etc. All that stuff adds up quick.

Not really sure what kind of art you plan on doing, but a guy can very quickly get into tig with a scratch start rig.

Comment

yeah i have seen you have to buy the other items for the multi process machine and see where it can add up it was just a thought i see your point

Comment

Any DC stick welder can be used as a tig with scratch start. I actually still use scratch start if I’m working on a trailer or something heavy that o don’t necessarily need the function of a foot pedal to make things happy. Scratch start is being done even in nuclear facilities today. Not a thing wrong with it. Certainly has limitations, but it been done for eons and will continue to be used until the end of days. Give it some thought, it’ll save you money too.

Comment

i have always wanted to try tig welding i think it is interesting .. but on the note of the 211 machine i sure think its a nice little welder i hope i can get one after the 1st of the year sometime

Comment

It is indeed a lot packed into a small package. I’ve never used the newer style, but the older model is an excellent machine.

Comment

Working...
                    X