Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Seventh of my life

Is expended on Mondays.
    This has concerned me over the years and I have learned it best to not schedule things from haircuts to Cardiac Surgery on Monday. Whole list of things I won't get done on Mondays, for my safety as well as cost minimization.

In talking with a 35 year old EE and his kid brother Saturday I learned why it is necessary for them to be told every friggin instruction 4 times.
    Chain instructions like turn left, move ahead 4 paces and reach on the shelf shoulder high on your right are too complex to be carried out.
    The EE informed me this inability to intake and process instructions is largely because in the 13 years he spent in Public Schools he and his contemporaries became accustomed to people paid to teach repeating every single instruction minimally 4 times.
    That translates to more than $26,000 invested by taxpayers to bring most students up to Remedial "Would you like frys with that".

Even worse, the system has so deteriorated people with skills accept this level of crap, tolerate it, and find workarounds.

Well, my wife tells me she would be happy with only four times...

I haven't been around long enough to see the deterioration of the school system, but I do know I can remember less of the remedial task sequence as the bandwidth of information available grows. Process flows and visualization tends to help - did you try just telling him to reach for the Cap'n Crunch up on the right at about shoulder level?

Comment

franz, did you hire them? If so, it is your own **** fault!
      A FEW OF MY TOYS !!!

MX Linux
      LinuxMint

Miller Roughneck 2E
      Lincoln Weldpak 100
      Gianttech Arc 200
      Victor O/A

Comment

Nope, not worthy of hire. I'm lookin for a good transplanted Coonazz boy who might move a little slow but don't need L and R on his shoes. I find one who can read an analogue clock I'll make him a superstar.

Comment

I worked with crowd of twenty somethings recently...
          Every one of 'em could have used a week at swans school of protocol and how to hold their own spoon.

Comment

Gets phone call 2 weeks ago from my cousin... "your welders are junk. They will not do what I want".
            me: what are you trying to do?
            Him: weld a piece a flat stock to my pipe
            Me: no... what process?
            Him: uhhh weld?
            Me: unplug feeder from xmt find end of stick lead and plug it in on the plus terminal, turn knob to stick. Unplug feeder remote
            him: I did
            Me: did you unplug feeder remote?
            Him: yes stupid i have the stick lead plugged in!
            me: did you unplug feeder?
            Him i told you yes
            Me: it will not stick weld with feeder remote plugged in to face of machine.
            Him its unhooked!
            I drive home 45 mins later to find feeder remote plugged in.
            I unplug feeder remote and ask where do you want this welded?
            him: wont work
            Me: flashing real good off the table "why?"
            him: what did you do!?
            Me:Unplugged feeder remote. Do not touch my welders. I'll break your fingers next time. Theses arent toys.
            him: you need that little red Lincoln back. I could use it.

I feel your pain Franz. I do not know what he would of done with my Dynasty or a Diversion 354MP. I am glad the power switch is on the back.
            Last edited by sledsports; 11-05-2019, 03:13 PM.
            Dynasty 400 wireless
            Coolmate 3.5
            Sw320 speedway
            Ck flex lock 230
            4 victor flow meters
            2 Flametech Duel flowmeters
            2 genuine miller torch buttons
            A$$ loads of tungsten
            XMT 350 CC/CV
            S74DX feeder
            Stick leads from here to China
            A30 Spool gun
            WC24
            Langmuir crossfire hobby table
            Everlast powerplasma 100 w hypertherm torch
            Harris O/A
            Pet raccoon
            I'm just a peckerwood in the boonies with fancy welding equipment

Comment

I am strongly coming to favor post-partum abortion to age 35 preferably by .035 309 ss wire inadvertently wrapped around the creature's neck and the machine set to wind in. (still working on a good story for the cops on why the machine winds in.)

I will continue to be grateful I invested in a 3Ø service back in 72. One of the lines I hear that brings joy to my heart is "Crap, can't use that at my place cause its 3Ø. Yes it is sucka, and one prime reason is so you can't use it at your place.

Comment

My kids are smart little guys. Kindrgarden and can read most of a newspaper. The elder one is proffecient with lots of tools, knew most construction equipment by then or the first grade. He car really tear up the pipe fitting collection. Made up some deal a while back with the wood blocks and took me dam near 2 hrs to demo it. Cost me about 10 bucks in deck screws.
                Last edited by Sberry; 11-09-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

You tryin to say Grampa grins a lot over the boy bein a repeat of the pain you were to him Carey?

Give him a can of NeverSeize and make Mom very happy with you cause yer gonna get blamed no matter how he finds the silver slather.
                  While yer at it, teach him how much better deck screws go in with a little soap in the leading threads.

Just make sure you wait another 10 years before you enlighten him on painted wimmens.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                    You tryin to say Grampa grins a lot over the boy bein a repeat of the pain you were to him Carey?

Give him a can of NeverSeize and make Mom very happy with you cause yer gonna get blamed no matter how he finds the silver slather.
                    While yer at it, teach him how much better deck screws go in with a little soap in the leading threads.

Just make sure you wait another 10 years before you enlighten him on painted wimmens.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	b4c4f4424b6fcf47f997346415cfcaee.png
Views:	60
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	604391
                    Dynasty 400 wireless
                    Coolmate 3.5
                    Sw320 speedway
                    Ck flex lock 230
                    4 victor flow meters
                    2 Flametech Duel flowmeters
                    2 genuine miller torch buttons
                    A$$ loads of tungsten
                    XMT 350 CC/CV
                    S74DX feeder
                    Stick leads from here to China
                    A30 Spool gun
                    WC24
                    Langmuir crossfire hobby table
                    Everlast powerplasma 100 w hypertherm torch
                    Harris O/A
                    Pet raccoon
                    I'm just a peckerwood in the boonies with fancy welding equipment

Comment

Originally posted by sledsports View Post

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":604391**[/ATTACH]
                      Take a look at these beauties without their camouflage on, because it's impossible to tell who some of them are without their camo on, I propose a federal law be made that requires a woman to show herself without makeup on to her new husband, before a county clerk or agent, before a marriage license can be issued.

http://tradingblvd.com/trending/gorg...a38845ce8e.jpg

I love this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fntaXDX44bo
                      Last edited by tackit; 11-10-2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

CONFEDERATE RAILROAD & Stars & Bars FOREVER.
                        Hang PC protesters from streetlights.

As 73 yer old Dollie told some uppidy beach, "It takes a lot of money to look this trashy".

Tack, your idea fails, mostly cause people don't get married these days to save Divorce costs. Scientists have determined Wedding Cake causes a woman to blow out her wedding gown in hours. What's with the fat roll sticking out the top of the dress anyhow.

Maybe I can find Carey's painted wimmen posts with a search engine. He made himself famous with that adventure.

Comment

So true, I'm not even sure marriage is even allowed in the USA anymore unless it's two guys getting married. Hetero***ual marriages I would assume, have been labeled as misogynic and patriarchal and have been outlawed by the UN council on exploited womminz/painted faces, pots and pans and window washer agreement.No 2.
                          Last edited by tackit; 11-10-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

On topic by C RR
                            https://youtu.be/MpRY1PORlWI?list=RDfntaXDX44bo

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                              That was fun to watch, I like romantic songs.

Comment

Working...
                              X