Canox c-br300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canox c-br300

Hoping somebody might be able to help me. I have an old Canox engine-driven welder.
    Model no. C-BR300
    May have been called "Big Red"?
    Engine is a 4 cylinder Continental flat head.
    Engine & welder both work well, and I love welding with DC!
    Just wondering if there is anywhere I can get a manual, also the decal for the settings is very faded. I have a good local decal maker who could make new ones, but they are so faded, I would have to do a lot of guessing as to the text on it.
    Fortunately, the previous owner had marked on the best settings for a P5 rod,and, along with trial and error, we have been able to work with that (I am a farmer, and we use it for field repairs, so E6013 and E7018 rods are what we use mostly.
    It would just be nice to "spruce it up", plus to know better what the settings are.
    As I understand, it was probably actually a Miller machine, re-badged by Canox (which no longer exists).
    Maybe a Miller Big Blue??

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

How about some photos for us to engage our visual receptors on?
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

Comment

https://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/...-mobile-welder

Comment

I will post photos as soon as I can. Welder is on loan to a neighbour, so it may be a few days before I can get there and take pics.

Comment

If I recall correctly CanOx was set up to end run around Canada's heavy tariffs on welding machines and other construction equipment. Sort of similar to when Toyota shipped pickups into the US with a couple spacers between the frame and bed and beat the tax man by calling the truck parts.

Today complete rotator wreckers arrive in Canada in a container from China as parts, get assembled over around Toronto, and bolted to truck frames. If the owner has guts he drives it into the US and forgets to mention it's a new wrecker and keeps about $10,000 in his pocket.
          Taxes get beyond reasonable men find ways to avoid paying taxes.

Comment

Working...
          X