HF parts washer replacement pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF parts washer replacement pump

I needed to replace the pump in my HF parts washer so I ordered what was supposed to be an exact fit pump, but it wasn't. So what I did is replaced HF's plumbing with a shoulder nipple that measured the same length as the HF plastic plumbing minus the white plastic bushing and screwed the HF plastic nipple onto the shoulder nipple, it worked out great, the pump's mount did fit the parts washer.

Looks pretty much like 1000 other fountain pumps.

Have you still got the filter on that contraption?

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
      Looks pretty much like 1000 other fountain pumps.

Have you still got the filter on that contraption?
      Yes I do,. I found 3 filters for it on Amason that Amazon called damaged for $4 apiece, the paint was scratched and one had a slight dent it.

Comment

Them filters could be what's ruining yer pump with either starvation or back presure.

White sock and a few coathangers will work best o the let side.

Comment

That's a good idea. The reason the pump failed was I forgot to drain tank over the winter and freezing temps took it out.

My initial plans were to put a settling tank down on the bottom shelf and pump cleaner off the top of the settling tank into a sock filter in the tank, and let the HF pump push the cleaner through the cleaning brush, but I got lazy.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...0WASHER%20MODS
          Last edited by tackit; 10-12-2019, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Not lazy tack- overly tasked with preforming jobs others should have done but didn't.

You gotta learn the 2019 BS excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
              Not lazy tack- overly tasked with preforming jobs others should have done but didn't.

You gotta learn the 2019 BS excuses.
              You got that right,people are alot different today, my old man told me once and it got done, no excuses were accepted or even thought about. I still can see him pulling his belt through his belt loopes when I did things my way..

Comment

Working...
              X