Good old days video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good old days video

How I miss some of that tooling, especially the flex shaft grinder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mz7OTnuTrg

That acorn table how have I made due without one of my ow? The Surewelds, new and clean ust 65 years back and still usable. How many inverters will make 10 years?

Old days for sure, I'm on the fence regarding the good part. But some of it was, I miss that part.

Comment

I hope Adam had a recent tet**** shot.

Comment

I’m so impressed that was censored.

There’s also a planet called Ur****. Don’t misspell that or it’ll be put in word jail too.

Comment

The interesting thing is whoever set p the auto******************** on this site put a lot of efart into getting every word that might be offensive and removing it from the vocabulary. My opinion is only the son of a w/h/o/r/ehose piano player with an advanced degree in bloviation could assemble such a list.
          Then again he could have been a Rescue Mission Preacher who assembled a word list over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
            How I miss some of that tooling, especially the flex shaft grinder.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mz7OTnuTrg

That acorn table how have I made due without one of my ow? The Surewelds, new and clean ust 65 years back and still usable. How many inverters will make 10 years?
            I liked the reed vice and 21" lathe. I used flex shaft grinders for years on the railroad, our's was set up so it could be pulled down the rails. The three-wheel machine's balance wheel that reached across the tracks was insulated, it was so much easier grinding the ball of rails for Cadweld-ing bond wires across joints of the rails than using a hand scraping tool, . ours had about a 10' cable and was powered by a small gas-powered engine, . electric powered ones are awesome too.

Comment

Tack one of the greater problems in getting these dang kids up to speed so they can qualify as helpers r grinders is their lack of exposure to quality tooling you and I cut teeth on and even knocked tooths loose with for not paying attention. I tell ya, it's a fight every day.

I see ther is even a bunch now that want the MIG machine to set itself. How can anyone believe some suit wearing jagoff with a Degree he swiped off a protractor knows how to set a MIG?
              Entirely too much believing in X Spertz who ain't smart enough to load a 330 cylinder in a pickup.

Them $33 an hour robots will be a blessing to the welding industry for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                Tack one of the greater problems in getting these dang kids up to speed

I see there is even a bunch now that want the MIG machine to set itself.
                I set a bunch of migs for the kids back in the day...Bob
                Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post

I set a bunch of migs for the kids back in the day...Bob
                  I recall hearing of that BobO-set system. Any fool could just push 1-888-Bobo and get the correct settings for the job they were supposedly doing for a Dollar. Then the lab coat guys jumped in with machines combined with TV sets and the absolutely invaluable digital display which wasn't capable of flipping a proper finger and everybody could be a welderbaiter.

Being just a dumb old rusty elbowed slag fag I still don't know how you look at those numbers and drive the glue gun at the same time. Is there a genuine BLUE tooth thing that displays the numbers in the helmet? This welding thing is so complex only robots will be able to do it soon.
                  Come to think on all this modern state of the fart equipment, did ITW and Lincoln efer get an official decision on wood & cardboard -v- genuine plastic wedges in the transformers? Which is better?

Comment

Working...
                  X