Threshold ramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLAG ON THE PLAY -HOLD ON TAKS END
    You struck something brown, sticky and smelly.

1- the actuator can be hadfor under $20- ebay
    2- the controller you fund won't handle the current the actuator requires, it will COOK
    3- there is already a perfect radio controller to perform the function and handle the current- It's called a 12 volt winch controller.
    4- only thing left to process is the power supply
    I'm thinking 12 volt computer supply acting as a charger on a sufficient size battery.
    If you add slightly to battery capacity you can also have12 volt emergency backup lighting very cheap using LEDs.

Comment

Here you go Tack, somebody already put the kit together for you.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-...f1fe12ff567b11

I'm thinking 10" but do some tape measure reading first.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
        Here you go Tack, somebody already put the kit together for you.
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-...f1fe12ff567b11

I'm thinking 10" but do some tape measure reading first.
        I'm going to open the door as far as it goes with the closer on it and measure the whole unit at it's longest travel, I still want to mount it on the top of the door, I can buy a fiberglass battery box and put a car battery in it, slip it under the ramp and hook a trickel charger to the battery, how does that plan sound to you Franz? Thanks for finding the actuator for me, Ill get it measured and ordered tomorrow.

Comment

I use genuine Chinee 2 amp computer pwer supplies for that, set the voltage about 13.4 and they play nice with batterrys. The one in my Exploder that runs thewindow fan is a GT battery with a 2 amp I added a fan and digital voltmeter to. Nothing gets hot, and people just gotta ask abut the voltmeter so I can tell them it's critical to know battery voltage. Lot of entertainment fora buck voltmeter.

Fiberglass box Neh, Wally has tupperware boxes that are heavier for lless $$.

Just one thing Tack, from now on you gotta remember as you roar downhill toward that door to push the button and eyeball for open. Hate to think of pealing a door off your carcass.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
            I use genuine Chinee 2 amp computer pwer supplies for that, set the voltage about 13.4 and they play nice with batterrys. The one in my Exploder that runs thewindow fan is a GT battery with a 2 amp I added a fan and digital voltmeter to. Nothing gets hot, and people just gotta ask abut the voltmeter so I can tell them it's critical to know battery voltage. Lot of entertainment fora buck voltmeter.

Fiberglass box Neh, Wally has tupperware boxes that are heavier for lless $$.

Just one thing Tack, from now on you gotta remember as you roar downhill toward that door to push the button and eyeball for open. Hate to think of pealing a door off your carcass.
            I like your Idea of a Tupperware box, it would allow me to rap the battery with a heating pad and line the box with hard foam insulation, along with placing a trickle charger and a thermostat I have in the box to turn the heating pad on and off.

Comment

Tack, right idea (or at least ONE of 'em) but WRONG actuator - do you REALLY wanna wait a full MINUTE for that door to swing open or closed? There are actuators that move anywhere from slower than that, to 'WAY faster - I found some that would move your door full swing in about 5-6 seconds, much faster than that would probably damage some hardware. Slower than maybe 6-8 seconds full stroke would drive me (even MORE) crazy... Steve

Oh, also - over 300 POUNDS of force? Rod almost an INCH in diameter? You building a screen door closer or a DUMP TRUCK???

Comment

Originally posted by BukitCase View Post
                Tack, right idea (or at least ONE of 'em) but WRONG actuator - do you REALLY wanna wait a full MINUTE for that door to swing open or closed? There are actuators that move anywhere from slower than that, to 'WAY faster - I found some that would move your door full swing in about 5-6 seconds, much faster than that would probably damage some hardware. Slower than maybe 6-8 seconds full stroke would drive me (even MORE) crazy... Steve

Oh, also - over 300 POUNDS of force? Rod almost an INCH in diameter? You building a screen door closer or a DUMP TRUCK???
                I'll do some searching and see what I find, thanks for the info,BC.

Comment

Before you order anything I suggest you grab a few paint stirr sticks and some screws and model the idea up on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                  X