Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One1
    replied
    Machine is doing great. If autoset doesn’t present this issue to many people I’ll change wire.

Leave a comment:

• Noel
    replied
    I think you have a problem with the equipment. I know, it's not the words you wanted to hear, but from my chair, and what you describe, and with the little I know, my money is on that's not normal auto-set behaviour?
    I guess the alternative is that it is normal and what fun is that from your description of things?

Leave a comment:

• One1
    started a topic Issue with autoset

Issue with autoset

I’ve always called this issue burn back, miller seems to call it something else. Basically my wire is hunting and pecking in the puddle. It will hit and burn back halfway to the contact tip and hit again. I can control it fine if i turn autoset off and manually adjust the wire feed speed.

My question is if this is common on Miller Autoset? Do people have feed issues with the wire not staying an even distance from the puddle and burning back?

My drive roller is not slipping. It’s been ran everywhere from loose to nearly crushing just to be sure that is not my issue. It feeds perfectly and is currently set to where it barely slips under high tension (right before it would birds nest).

Is this how Autoset normally behaves?
Working...
X