No announcement yet.

miller syncrowave display missing a digit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking the display in the dash of my truck is a little closer to being fixed. Not saying it will be, but definitely closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
      I'm thinking the display in the dash of my truck is a little closer to being fixed. Not saying it will be, but definitely closer.
      Noel, if you could please include a model and serial number, we could provide further assistance. Just kidding... What does the display look like in your truck?

Comment

The display in my truck is there to fill a hole in the dash it seems and not much more, Heck, I drove a year with out having one and things were fine. Presently the tack works. That's enough to know the engine is running, and from it I do a pretty good job of judging my speed in traffic. The signal work as well, just not much else it seems lol?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6844.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	603330Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6845.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	603331 But this tub of parts was as far as I got when I realized I had to upgrade my soldering equipment. Removing the old solder was the big issue followed by a finer tipped soldering pencil. I have, just never got back into it with other things on the go. But presently, the cluster in the truck, pulled from another wrecked truck, sits just to fill the hole. I'm thinking the problem is ignition key related and manifests as a gauge cluster issue? I say that because with the cluster that's in place, key position dictates if the LCD lights and displays or show a blank as it does in the run position. I know one of the LCD's in the original had a blank segment, and I as well have a Corvette cluster with a similar display issue. No hurry to fix either however as both vehicles function fine other wise.

Credit has to be given to you who type out for others to understand, or build from the typing and explanation the courage to try. You have me convinced I can. Once again, thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X