Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    She’s a skookum machine. I like to turn her all the way up and strike an arc, watch the lights in the neighborhood dim. I think she goes up to 11.

Leave a comment:

• jjohn76
    replied
    Great news! Glad it worked out.

Leave a comment:

• Gocha Ent. Inc.
    replied
    Well guys I got the relay and installed it and everything is working again thank you all for taking the time to help me.

Leave a comment:

• Gocha Ent. Inc.
    replied
    I'm still waiting for my relay to show up.

Leave a comment:

• jjohn76
    replied
    Burnt Hands, it doesn't look like he should need that rectifier, but if you're looking for a new home for that 400 GTSW... There was one for sale in Seattle I just missed....

Leave a comment:

• Burnt hands
    replied
    Gocha Ent. Inc.

The diode bridge I have looks like the one in post #25.

PM me with your mailing address and I'll send it to you.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    That sounds about right. You don’t want a hardware store slow blow fuse in there, that’s for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Gocha Ent. Inc.
    replied
    Burnt hands tell me about the diode bridge.

Leave a comment:

• jjohn76
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    If you screw up the position of the wires you’ll probably pop the fuse on the side. If yours has one. I did that, thanks to Wayne for getting me lined back out on the wire positions.
    Ryan, it sounds like you had the relay coil leads (the two closest to the panel) connected to the contacts' leads, and vice versa, so when you turned on the contactor, the HF primary winding energized relay CR2 and shorted the control transformer, blowing fuse F4 in the process. Does that sound right? Is it a 10A, 125V fuse, on the inside right of the front panel area, just above the duplex receptacle? I am still digging through the schematics to understand how these operate... and break...

Jon

Leave a comment:

• Burnt hands
    replied
    Forgive me for being late to the party

I am allways a day late and dollar short but If this will help,
    I have and will ship to you free a diode bridge for your 330 ABP.

KBPC3510

It is rated 1000 volts at 35 amps.
    Tabs fit 1/4" push on terminals.

We need to keep these older machines like Ryan's "Helga" working.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    And good luck on finding a fuse. Your hardware store will only have slow blow fuses, not what you need. If it comes to that, I have a box of the right fuses I can share.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    If you screw up the position of the wires you’ll probably pop the fuse on the side. If yours has one. I did that, thanks to Wayne for getting me lined back out on the wire positions.

Leave a comment:

• jjohn76
    replied
    Originally posted by Gocha Ent. Inc. View Post
    Ok will do.
    Actually, nevermind, that won't work. Sorry for the confusion...

With the machine powered off and HF in start you should have continuity across those two wires. For any other HF setting you should have an open across those two wires.
    Last edited by jjohn76; 10-11-2019, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gocha Ent. Inc.
    replied
    Ok will do.

Leave a comment:

• jjohn76
    replied
    Originally posted by Gocha Ent. Inc. View Post
    Ok John I'll let you know when I get a relay thank you for all your help and everyone.
    No problem. One last thing you can check while there is to make sure your wiring is good from the relay to the HF switch. With your power off, put the HF switch in either "Off" or "Start" and check continuity across the other two wires on that relay. They should be open. Now turn your HF switch to "Continuous" and measure again. Those wires should read closed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X