Carolina Reaper peppers anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolina Reaper peppers anyone?

Lets see how this salsa turns out for tomorrow's breakfast.

HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
    HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
    HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Man. Tied for my favorite salsa! Love it! Needs to be hotter though.

Recipe:

2 medium-large tomatoes
    2 Carolina Reaper Peppers
    2 large cloves garlic
    1 thick slice of onion about 3/8" thick
    ¼-½ teaspoon salt

came out perfect!

Makes about 5-6oz after dumping it out from the blender

About 2 teaspoons worth. Man, it's great! Nice hotness without the fruity/sweetness that I disliked from habaneros.

I can see how it would burn your skull from the inside out if you eat this raw, but done sensibly, man it's awesome! I'll finish this by myself by Tuesday morning with my breakfast. No kidding. That's how it is around here. Next batch I'm using 4 instead of 2 reaper peppers.
    HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
    HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I’m out. You’re trying to burn my guts out.

Comment

That boy erupts he's gonna make a fashover look like a Bic running out of fuel.

Comment

Lousiana Hot Sauce is hot enough for me. Canned hot Hungarian yellow peppers packed in oil and garlic I can eat a whole bottle of, nothing crazy hot though...

Comment

Not for me...
            Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

I'd eat that in a heart beat. Looks tasty, full of flavor and packing heat. Those pictures had the gastric juices flowing like Pavlov's dog.

Comment

I don’t know anything about dog drool, but I’m certain I’d have an overflow of drool if put something that hot into my mouth.

Oscar, when I take you up on those fancy burgers, I’ll try your salsa, if for nothing else than you took the time to threaten my innards with your fancy spread. I kind of serve it though.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                  I don’t know anything about dog drool, but I’m certain I’d have an overflow of drool if put something that hot into my mouth.

Oscar, when I take you up on those fancy burgers, I’ll try your salsa, if for nothing else than you took the time to threaten my innards with your fancy spread. I kind of serve it though.
                  I never said anything about burgers, lol. I'll share my brats, but I don't share my Wagyu/Akaushi burgers with no one!

Round 2 for Reaper salsa. I just finished the first batch. So much for having some until Tuesday. HEB (grocery store) was out of stock when I went this morning, and they don't know when they'll get them back, so I ordered some on Ebay, lol

HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                  HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                  HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                  HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I don't know how people can say things taste good when a pepper's burn is so intense. I like to have a bit of heat, but not so must it steals the show.

Comment

I recall a year the old man mistakenly grew 12 plants of peppers, half red and the other half green that were hot enough to melt aluminum. They hurt when you cut em up, and nobody could eat them, including most of the Italians who could eat burning charcoal. He made a pot roast with less than half a pepper in the pot and it was too nasty to chew. Gave a couple slices to his Lab and the dog managed to eat it. Next day that pup was in the yard doing his thing, and he was yelping as he slid turds out.
                      I finally found a Sicilian who munched em like popcorn and gleefully accepted the peck I delivered to him.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post
                        I don't know how people can say things taste good when a pepper's burn is so intense. I like to have a bit of heat, but not so must it steals the show.
                        When you get used to the heat, the receptors in the mouth no longer tell the brain that the heat is as intense, and you actually get to taste the flavor of the pepper that is otherwise masked by the effects of the capsaicin.
                        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Oh no Oscar, you offered to share your burgers with me, and by god, I won’t let you forget it!

Actually, was thinking about coming down and going to a hooks’ game. I’ve never been. Used to go to the Tacoma rainers games a good bit when I lived up there.

I have to find a weekend off. Spent all day yesterday and today running a spoolgun on some aluminum dump truck boxes. It’s good fun. All we have in the shop is .035 wire so I’m blowing through that stuff like it’s going out of style.

But I’ll partake in the brats as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X