No announcement yet.

Miller M25 15' gun -- new liner too short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that makes far more sense. I figured you had a peg leg and an eye patch, could see squat and kept stomping your pitchfork into your lead and crushing it. 20-30 liners is 10 lifetimes for most people. Unless you happen to have a peg leg and an eye patch or course.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      Well that makes far more sense. I figured you had a peg leg and an eye patch, could see squat and kept stomping your pitchfork into your lead and crushing it. 20-30 liners is 10 lifetimes for most people. Unless you happen to have a peg leg and an eye patch or course.
      Argh! Me plund'rs yer lin'rs wit me sharp'n'd steel peg leg and me receive's large amounts of booty f'r yer trouble!
      Me's gotsa kings' ransum of lin'rs in me locker just wait'n f'r ya's!
      Argh argh argh arrrgh!

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post

Doug, I thinking for a test, you may be able to cut off a portion of the old liner and solder it to the new one, Yes?
        Too much hassle. Just stretch it a few mm's or so.
        I clamped the nut-end to the edge of a looooong table (24') I had set up for repacking parachutes (and other projects). Sandwiched it between a 2' 2x4 and the table's surface with three wood clamps. Then gripped the other end with a big hand-screw wood clamp and slid that along the table to get the liner to stretch. It took maybe four attempts with a force of perhaps 100 lbs to get the length I was shooting for.... approximately 0.25" longer than the original liner. Freaking strong-ass spring! Perhaps it could have been stretched to 0.5" longer so that it might give a bit more seating force against the inner chamfer in the tip adapter. But whatever... now it works as it should with zero problems. I'll let that dog eat anything he wants!

Comment

Working...
        X