Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using water submersion to keep work cool/straight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many amps for how long to cook this?

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
      Actually quite quickly. Believe it or not, we used this technique when my teenage children when young. If you include the entire time of bringing the water to boil, about 20min. If you only include cooking time, it's the same as spaghetti (8-12min after boil).

Chop some hot dogs into slices. Take raw spaghetti noodles, insert into hot dogs (easy as skewers in a shush-kabob). Drop food into boiling water - wait until it doesn't stick when throwing them at the wall (make sure wife doesn't see this part). Easy-peasy.
      J.Caraher
      Wide Open Throttle Technologies (WOT-Tech), Pompano Beach FL
      Miller Sync 300,Hobart 190
      RogueFab pneumatic, Hossfeld Manual
      Kitamura CNC, Bridgeport 2j
      TunerPRO, HPTuners, AEM, Megasquirt, DynoJet
      NASA Racing Official/Driver

YouTube Link, Instagram Link, FaceBook Link

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
        Oh, and you still didn't answer the popularity question, Mr. Orange Thingy
        J.Caraher

Comment

The amount of bars one has is directly related one of two things, either how pretty one is or how many cut and paste google searches one posts. In my case, it’s definitely my good looks. Ask Olivero, he’ll confirm this.

Comment

This is probably 2nd nature to many of you seasoned veterans, but this rookie found it interesting (and it's on topic!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL98oE2NaQg

Comment

We had a discussion some time back about weld sequencing. The example was a large, heavy frame trailer. Can’t seem to recall who kind of led that discussion, but it was very helpful. Weld sequencing is incredibly important on projects that have multiple, linear parts that you eventually want to line up at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix Until Broke View Post
                This is probably 2nd nature to many of you seasoned veterans, but this rookie found it interesting (and it's on topic!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL98oE2NaQg
                How coincidental. In my search for belt grinder ideas, that guy made a really cool unit using go cart wheels...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxjxZpB4zl0

A bit much fro what I will be using it for, but like the idea of using a 6" x "89" belt vs a 2" x 72".

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                We had a discussion some time back about weld sequencing. The example was a large, heavy frame trailer. Can’t seem to recall who kind of led that discussion, but it was very helpful. Weld sequencing is incredibly important on projects that have multiple, linear parts that you eventually want to line up at the end.
                I think I remember that discussion. I tend to ghost/read the forum more than post.
                J.Caraher

Comment

What the heck? Get busy with other things and then others things fall behind? Just stopped by for a quickie and look at the responses.

Cool on the valve. I like innovation. That's why the science of welding does it for me. What's even cooler is the technology is out there that predicts that heat transfer. As the well the changes occuring to metallic grain structures resulting from heat input. Times are changing.

I have to get back to things but look forward to a further reply and doing so with a greater effort.

Comment

The amount of bars one has is directly related one of two things, either how pretty one is or how many cut and paste google searches one posts. In my case, it’s definitely my good looks. Ask Olivero, he’ll confirm this.
                    I've known you were a prettyboy since I got here.

You keep working on it and you'll learn to use a search engine some day. I'd advise against google though, too many ads that will just further confuse you.

Comment

Ryan has his bars due to bribery.

I'm the one with the good looks, we've gone over this many times.

I think it's activity that gives them to you, the more active you are, the more you get. Some people have been posting a little for years with few bars, some have been posting nonstop for months and they have full bars.

I've been here for a while but don't post that much anymore, most of the stuff is either broken machinery or not interesting.
                      if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

Well you’re not a very interesting guy, so it stands to reason. Prettiness notwithstanding.

Comment

Wondering what the show would look like if I secured a metal comb into each of your hairdos, conected the leads up and just mashed the pedal to the HiFreq notch.

Comment

Probably still not as bad as yours.

Comment

Well you’re not a very interesting guy, so it stands to reason. Prettiness notwithstanding.
                              Lol,

I guess I just figured most of it out and didn't have to ask so many questions anymore.

I want a room for Argon welding though, that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Olivero View Post
                                Probably still not as bad as yours.
                                Chill there Elvis; I lost a lot of hair over the years removing follicles to make room for good ideas.
                                We ain't even gonna talk about wild women pulling my hair out, just wouldn't be gentlemanly.
                                I've long recognized I have a perfect face for radio broadcasting as well. Video is for you kids who are too young to intake information via reading and listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X