plasma cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only have used bi-metal blades.

I have never used anything other than bi-metal blades (Dewalt and Milwaukie). You can get them in a hack-saw blade type with the varying off set but don't remember what the tpi is but likely 18-24 tpi range. One thing I do not do is to use the saw rest/stop against the work but free hand it. If you are steady and use a light pressure you won't have a problem.
    MM251
    Synchrowave 200

PowerMax380
    Victor O/A
    Century 155GS
    Big Window Elite

Run silent, run deep

Comment

Fun4Now, OldNavy,

THANK YOU!
      Russ
      MM175, 300/200 Thunderbolt,
      M125c baby plasma,
      BWE (red flames),
      Victor Super-Range O2/Fuel,
      and lots-of-junk slowly being replaced.

Comment

I would buy a Milwaukee portaband before a sawzall.

Comment

nnn0rau

glad i could help

joebass
          they are 2 totaly different tools you cant compare they bolth have different aplications and he already said he could not use 1 as it would not fit between the bars. kind of an appels and oranges thing they bolth will make juce but in different manners
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

I agree with fun. I have a porta-band and a sawsall. My first choise usually is the porta-band but it can be bulky and just won't fit in some spaces. The sawsall would be my choice if I could only have one. Also they are about 1/3 the price of a porta-band.

Kelly

Comment

Pick up a almost new 6 amp sawzall and two packages (5 each) of some Milwaukee bi-metal blades in a nice handmade oak case at an auction Saturday for $55. Used it yesterday for the first time - tis very nice. My next purchase will be the portaband. The Northern Catalog (used for benchmarking) shows two differant Milwaukee portabands, one with a case and the other is a two speed (with or without case, I dunno..). Basically similar in price. Not sure which is better. Where I can find the porta-cable to compare? Thanks for all the help!
              Lord, it's going to be another hot one today... 95+ & 99.9999% humidity.
              Russ
              MM175, 300/200 Thunderbolt,
              M125c baby plasma,
              BWE (red flames),
              Victor Super-Range O2/Fuel,
              and lots-of-junk slowly being replaced.

Comment

sawsall with case and blades $55.00

nice score on the sawsall,

as for the portacable porta band saw not shoure they make 1 of the 2 milwaukee i would see it you can tell if 1 of them can be atached to a base, i know they make a version that will base mount giving you the best of bolth worlds, base and portable maybe someone here can get ya some modle #'s to compare with
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

Working...
                X