No announcement yet.

Bobcat 225 AC TIG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All good by me. I just thought I should expand on the opinion I gave when I opened my mouth. Having plenty of experienced welding with an Econo Twin with Hi Freq. on Aluminum, every thing else has been square wave and features or better since. Easy to forget about current ramping , the flicker of change and the way heat builds, not to mention cleaning action, and that balling of tungsten. You are a lucky guy winning that machine. I entered and lost to you lol. Hope your getting some enjoyment with it.

Comment

Seems like for the price you pay for these new engine drives, I want to expect them to do anything I’d need them to do, including tig aluminum with the proper peripherals in a pinch. And since the 251 needs a remote amperage control to take full advantage of its capabilities, I want a dadgum remote amperage control. That’s all. I’ve used that Hf box on a thunderbolt, so it is possible, just not much fun.

Comment

Ryan Jones, yes they are pricey when you go to an engine drive, one has to look at his or her area and see if an engine drive would be profitable and what application or processes you feel would best fit your skill level and whats out there to make money. I was talking to some Miller reps a couple of years ago and they were telling me no more engine drives with AC will be manufactured because the market place didnt show they were needed. Also so many machines now days have a very high amount of auxiliary power so if you need to Tig AC for aluminum buy a Dynasty to go along with the engine drive. When you go to buy an engine drive ,you get just the engine drive then like most industrial machine you have to add what you want to do in the field. So you can see the price jumps extremely fast. I have found if you located around a larger city you can get your money but a small community has a hard time supporting the over head it takes to run mobile. Attached is a couple of pics of my mobile rig. I like using a trailer so my trucks open for other projects.
        Trailblazer 250G
        Bobcat 225
        Miller 150 STL
        Lincoln SA-200
        Miller XMT 304
        Lincoln Squarewave 355
        Lincoln 140C
        Lincoln 170T
        Miller S-22A feeder
        Miller 30A Spoolgun
        Miller XR-15
        Lincoln LN-25's