No announcement yet.

Whats sad????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUB I'll begin by suggesting you aquaint yourself with the observations of this man. In the modern tradition, I'll link since my observation is the majority of the population is too inept to find anything on their own.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

Your reference to the young man with the Puttipower unit is interesting in that nobody enlightened him on the existence of Puttitat Australia created when the UAW convinced CAT manufacturing in Peoria only was bad business. In my collection I have a pic of D-10s made in China being unloaded on a US dock in 2017. The kid is one of the 10% of the population who are natural learners. It's a well known in the world of academia.

Your other link has been around since before the Inturdnet. It was invalid then and it's still invalid because it's based on Bernays think. I personally think the Federation of UNION Classroom Teachers sponsors it.
    For real fun ask any UNION "teacher" to diagram "See Spot run." Ask what the subject and predicate are.

AND, about that pile of crud you call a lawn, I gave it a nourishing application of RoundUp on my way out. Had some left in the tank from mowing my green crap.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post

Where do you live and work where women are so conscious about their dress?
      I work at a school, so there ain't any short skirts anywhere in sight here. It's not the women being conscious about their dress, its the higher powers that dictate the dress code.
      HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
      HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
      HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
      HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
      HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
      HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
        FUB I'll begin by suggesting you aquaint yourself with the observations of this man. In the modern tradition, I'll link since my observation is the majority of the population is too inept to find anything on their own.

Your reference to the young man with the Puttipower unit is interesting in that nobody enlightened him on the existence of Puttitat Australia created when the UAW convinced CAT manufacturing in Peoria only was bad business. In my collection I have a pic of D-10s made in China being unloaded on a US dock in 2017. The kid is one of the 10% of the population who are natural learners. It's a well known in the world of academia.

Your other link has been around since before the Inturdnet. It was invalid then and it's still invalid because it's based on Bernays think. I personally think the Federation of UNION Classroom Teachers sponsors it.
        For real fun ask any UNION "teacher" to diagram "See Spot run." Ask what the subject and predicate are.

AND, about that pile of crud you call a lawn, I gave it a nourishing application of RoundUp on my way out. Had some left in the tank from mowing my green crap.
        Thanks for posting the link and presuming my ineptitude to find the info - that's greatly appreciated.

The rest of what you said, I must be too inept to understand because I didn't understand most of it.

Looking at some of your other posts in the last day or two, maybe you should stay off the internet when you feel like this? Come back in a couple days when you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix Until Broke View Post

Now get off my lawn!!
          Clint Eastwood quote to the young punk in Gran Torino...Bob
          Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
          http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

I work at a school, so there ain't any short skirts anywhere in sight here. It's not the women being conscious about their dress, its the higher powers that dictate the dress code.
            Someone has to has to do it, if it wasn't necessary there wouldn't be a dress code.
            Last edited by tackit; 08-28-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting the link and presuming my ineptitude to find the info - that's greatly appreciated.

The rest of what you said, I must be too inept to understand because I didn't understand most of it.

Looking at some of your other posts in the last day or two, maybe you should stay off the internet when you feel like this? Come back in a couple days when you feel better.
              I'm of the opinion that Franz like everyone else on the website has a right to express his opinions as long as they are not breaking website rules. To have members disagree with one another's opinions is to be expected, but to silence a member or tell them to stay off the board smacks of the democrat party's idea of only their opinions count and are allowed. I hate censorship, call me whatever you want and feel free to criticize everything I say, but don't tread on my free speech rights as long as I stay within the rules of this website.

Comment

Today's Major News Worthy announcement from NYC School Chancellor; Gifted and Talented Programs across the 32 NYC Districts are being terminated along with all programs that require entrance exams to get in.
                The reason, the tests discriminate against poor kids. Poor (code word) kids should be admitted regardless of their test demonstrated ability to learn so they can drive instructors off and sell equipment to scrap dealers, and nobody will learn a thing.

Baltimore too announced that 13 City run High Schools have once again completely failed to achieve student proficiency to grade in Math & Reading.

Thank Dog I pay taxes in a UNION staffed District where it only took from 93 thru 96 to work out Contract language prohibiting see thru blouses on male and female teachers who also have language governing minutes per day of required student interface. I sure enjoyed those 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post

I'm of the opinion that Franz like everyone else on the website has a right to express his opinions as long as they are not breaking website rules. To have members disagree with one another's opinions is to be expected, but to silence a member or tell them to stay off the board smacks of the democrat party's idea of only their opinions count and are allowed. I hate censorship, call me whatever you want and feel free to criticize everything I say, but don't tread on my free speech rights as long as I stay within the rules of this website.
                  I have no ability or authority to silence, censor or anything to anyone here. I read his post and gave a suggestion based on my experience and observations - no different than if someone said "I'm getting poor welds on my TIG welder with 75/25 gas" and we gave a suggestion to "use 100% argon ". They can do it, not do it, whatever they choose.

Comment

Here's Franz's "welcoming" demeanor to someone's question...What possible value does this have to the community here (remember the original point of this thread...?)

https://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/...rates-no-power

Comment

Today's Major News Worthy announcement from NYC School Chancellor; Gifted and Talented Programs across the 32 NYC Districts are being terminated along with all programs that require entrance exams to get in.
                      The reason, the tests discriminate against poor kids. Poor (code word) kids should be admitted regardless of their test demonstrated ability to learn so they can drive instructors off and sell equipment to scrap dealers, and nobody will learn a thing.

Baltimore too announced that 13 City run High Schools have once again completely failed to achieve student proficiency to grade in Math & Reading.

Thank Dog I pay taxes in a UNION staffed District where it only took from 93 thru 96 to work out Contract language prohibiting see thru blouses on male and female teachers who also have language governing minutes per day of required student interface. I sure enjoyed those 3 years.
                      Globalists want their future stoop laborers and baggers to stay uneducated.. the ones that can learn, globalists want taxpayers to pay for their college educations so they can hire them and exploit them. Globalists are not people bombing the US with millions of dirt poor low wage workers from central and south America to raise workers wages, and the Bilderbergers ain't flying around the world holding secret meetings to raise workers wages either.

I just heard an ad on the radio yesterday telling employers who need to hire new workers to contact them because of the shortage of qualified workers in the US. The ad also claimed new employees are going to have to be taken from jobs they hold now, .which means they will have to pay higher wages to get them to come to work for them.
                      Last edited by tackit; 08-28-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I was able to read through the link on Bernays - Fascinating stuff - but just like any tool, can be used for good or bad (and that depends on your opinion of what good and bad are). Thanks for sharing and helping me learn something new.

Are you saying/implying that the quotes I linked to about the older generations perception of the younger generation are a result of propaganda? That these people didn't say these things hundreds (or thousands) of years ago?

To be clear, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you on this - just trying to understand what you're trying to say.

Comment

I was able to read through the link on Bernays - Fascinating stuff - but just like any tool, can be used for good or bad (and that depends on your opinion of what good and bad are). Thanks for sharing and helping me learn something new.

Are you saying/implying that the quotes I linked to about the older generations perception of the younger generation are a result of propaganda? That these people didn't say these things hundreds (or thousands) of years ago?

To be clear, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you on this - just trying to understand what you're trying to say.
                          Begin by realizing Bernays didn't invent propaganda, he merely observed it working and wrote of his observations.. Then he tested what he had written in 29 working for American Tobacco companies to increase the number of smokers, and proved his observations correct.

Kick it down the road 10 years and a fellow named Goebels in Germany used Bernays ideas. He did quite well with the program. It worked so well an American named Capra used the concepts to get Americans sufficiently annoyed to fight Germans and Japanese.

Bernays observations march on with time in the hands of people seeking to manipulate such as Alinsky. When you understand Bernays methods of manipulating people to achieve your goal you see social situations differently and more clearly. Last year or so politicians have been dusting Bernays off once more and calling him the "father of public relations". These are dangerous people.

Comment

Here's Franz's "welcoming" demeanor to someone's question...What possible value does this have to the community here (remember the original point of this thread...?)

https://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/...rates-no-power
                            There is NO Community behind a welding helmet FUB.

The concept is called Socratic teaching.

TEAM does contain I, and generally teams and communities tend to be collections of layabouts taking credit for 1 person's work.

Comment

Begin by realizing Bernays didn't invent propaganda, he merely observed it working and wrote of his observations.. Then he tested what he had written in 29 working for American Tobacco companies to increase the number of smokers, and proved his observations correct.

Kick it down the road 10 years and a fellow named Goebels in Germany used Bernays ideas. He did quite well with the program. It worked so well an American named Capra used the concepts to get Americans sufficiently annoyed to fight Germans and Japanese.

Bernays observations march on with time in the hands of people seeking to manipulate such as Alinsky. When you understand Bernays methods of manipulating people to achieve your goal you see social situations differently and more clearly. Last year or so politicians have been dusting Bernays off once more and calling him the "father of public relations". These are dangerous people.
                              Yup - agreed. You still have not answered my question:
                              Originally posted by FUB

Originally posted by Franz©
                              There is NO Community behind a welding helmet FUB.

The concept is called Socratic teaching.

TEAM does contain I, and generally teams and communities tend to be collections of layabouts taking credit for 1 person's work.
                              For those inept among us...
                              Originally posted by criticalthinking.org
                              ..... In Socratic teaching we focus on giving students questions, not answers. We model an inquiring, probing mind by continually probing into the subject with questions......
                              Franz's response to "my welder/generator doesn't work, can you tell me why?"
                              Originally posted by Franz©
                              Call the 800 number for Globalgiantmegasuperconglomorate and ask the EEOC point interface human what's wrong.
                              So...How is it that you're practicing what you preach again?

I see a grumpy person, putting others down by bringing up irrelevant and passive aggressive stuff to make themselves feel better rather than the genuine will to help someone solve a problem. The former is not going to help this community in my opinion...the "Brilliant Jerk" is never a net benefit to a community (which apparently does not exist behind a welding helmet according to Franz). I'm not calling Franz a jerk, just using it as an example of what this kind of attitude can do to a group.

Comment

FUB what we have here is an intergenerational communication failure based on American Standard English atop an unrealistic expectation by you.

What time and where will we be getting together to listen to recordings of Pete Seeger and others of his ilk?

CumByYa and all that happy crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X