Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats sad????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I always read but know nothing about any of the newer machines. My newest welding power source is at least 30 years old and the rest go back to the 50's. well I did forget the 1997 251 trail blazer.

    Comment


    • #17
      I miss the founder Andy W when this first started as primarily a Motorsports welding forum in September 2002.

      Comment


      • #18
        Most don’t post because their questions have been answered but they still read the forum like me.

        Comment


        • #19
          As far as old guys who don't show up anymore some of my favorites were,.fun4now, Hawk and 7018, an old Vannata was a wonderful contributor, he was a very smart and interesting fella. I hope they are all healthy and doing well.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by tackit View Post
            As far as old guys who don't show up anymore some of my favorites were,.fun4now, Hawk and 7018, an old Vannata was a wonderful contributor, he was a very smart and interesting fella. I hope they are all healthy and doing well.
            I think Bob VanNatta is keeping himself a little busy when he ain't building a road or chopping a tree down or moving another machine with his other hobbies of fly fishing or accurately writing History. He can be found at http://www.vannattabros.com/homepage.html since he retired from forums populated by wannabes and FKAs who never burned a rod or made a chip.

            7018 seems to be in hiding since he formed a Secret Group of dreamers that was taken over by another version of the King of Acetone at WoosieWeb and the Shipping Clerk welding Xspert.

            Comment


            • #21
              This forum is destined for solitude (in a sense) because even though its somewhat "relaxed" (aka: I haven't gotten banned, yet), it will never be "universal" where all walks of [welder] life will come in to discuss their non-Miller machines. This forum is owned by Miller, so I'm pretty sure there will never be sub-forums dedicated to other welder manufacturers since they are direct competition to Miller. The real question is, why doesn't it attract the realllly young crowd that is the future of welding & fabrication? I'm talking about guys in their early 20's barely getting out there making a career for themselves in the industrial sector. Maybe, perhaps, they might think, "oh that forum is for Miller welder owners only, and I don't have a Miller, I have a Lincoln engine drive/Esab MIG/etc/etc, let me look around the internet some more". A lot of them don't own Millers early in their career due to the expense, but it is they who would eventually need to keep this forum alive, let alone on life-support. I think I'm one of the few former-Miller-welder-owners that actually post here, if not the only one.

              If this forums want fresh life walking through the doors, Miller needs to advertise it. Will they? 99.999% sure they won't, as they have no reason to. Their machines sell themselves.
              HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
              HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
              HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
              HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
              HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
              HTP Microcut 875SC

              Comment


              • #22
                All of you guys and some others are my favorite.
                Dynasty 400 wireless
                Coolmate 3.5
                Sw320 speedway
                Ck flex lock 230
                4 victor flow meters
                2 Flametech Duel flowmeters
                2 genuine miller torch buttons
                A$$ loads of tungsten
                XMT 350 CC/CV
                S74DX feeder
                Stick leads from here to China
                A30 Spool gun
                WC24
                Langmuir crossfire hobby table
                Everlast powerplasma 100 w hypertherm torch
                Harris O/A
                Pet raccoon
                I'm just a peckerwood in the boonies with fancy welding equipment

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
                  This forum is destined for solitude (in a sense) because even though its somewhat "relaxed" (aka: I haven't gotten banned, yet), it will never be "universal" where all walks of [welder] life will come in to discuss their non-Miller machines. This forum is owned by Miller, so I'm pretty sure there will never be sub-forums dedicated to other welder manufacturers since they are direct competition to Miller. The real question is, why doesn't it attract the realllly young crowd that is the future of welding & fabrication? I'm talking about guys in their early 20's barely getting out there making a career for themselves in the industrial sector. Maybe, perhaps, they might think, "oh that forum is for Miller welder owners only, and I don't have a Miller, I have a Lincoln engine drive/Esab MIG/etc/etc, let me look around the internet some more". A lot of them don't own Millers early in their career due to the expense, but it is they who would eventually need to keep this forum alive, let alone on life-support. I think I'm one of the few former-Miller-welder-owners that actually post here, if not the only one.

                  If this forums want fresh life walking through the doors, Miller needs to advertise it. Will they? 99.999% sure they won't, as they have no reason to. Their machines sell themselves.
                  That and then there's instagram, all the young guys want to stare at their phones
                  Richard

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thankfully I have no knowledge of Instagram, and no desire to learn. Somebody TXTs me they gonna wait a long time for an answer. Whip your leash device out of your pocket while we're talking, YOU GOT a problem cause unless you can prove you're noting something to look up, the conversation ended.

                    We are now two full generations removed from men working with their hands building something of quality that would last beyond their lifetime. The majority of houses built since 1960 have been slammed together by 19 year old kids, built to last 7 years till the first major repair is needed, and many haven't made 7 years.

                    The US quality standard became "can't see it from my house" at least 30 years ago when the established buying group had Degrees and DEBT they'd never pay. Master Card has become the Master, and bought the Congress to protect the card from Bankruptcy. Bankers steal with both hands and hired help, and spout crap to convince their victim they are there to help.

                    Meanwhile we've run through Now you're making it Manage it with Master Card, Insist on a RN caring for you. RN means Real Nurse! (you don't want to know), and my personal favorite, Buy American, which translates to Pay twice as much for off shore subassemblies slammed together by a 19 year old kid. My darling Masters Prepared Nurse switched from GN to Hyundai fast when she found out what part of her GM car was going to UAW health & welfare for some fat lazy slob at Delco. In December 2013 Dear Leader made every Dollar in your pocket worth 53¢ with the stroke of a pen and gave GM to the UAW on your money.

                    Wake up, learn to take care of yourself and do it well.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Well, I was going to say when the last guy leaves, remember to turn out the light. Then I thought... double check the gas was turned off first. Lol.

                      "
                      The real question is, why doesn't it attract the realllly young crowd that is the future of welding & fabrication? I'm talking about guys in their early 20's barely getting out there making a career for themselves in the industrial sector."

                      Because the job sucks. Running beads doesn't pay for the majority to do more then work and forget about it till tomorrow. Who want to discuss that in the free time unless the welder craps out? Internet is quick,easy and has video. Notice how just posting a picture attracts attention? I say give em what they want and they will come. If it's half interesting they may stay.

                      And while Miller probably has someone who watches things, I wish they presented a larger presence. I'm not saying give all the secrets in the vault away, but not adding to the intellect, some authority (besides mine of course, lol) I think it limits some depth in discussion.

                      Besides, it's not the time of year to be typing when you can be out doing other stuff. Isn't that what we tell the kids? Go out side and get some fresh air? Maybe they're doing that?
                      I hope those that you miss are alive, breathing, and living large. But if they find themselves with nothing to do, I'll be all ears to hear what's been keeping them away.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Noel I'll have you know I was out in the pollin contaminated air for a few hours chopping off that miserable green crap.

                        Then I dismounted the mighty rider and played with some new LED illumination units for an hour.

                        What more do you want Slave Driver?



                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Fewer farm kids and single-parent families where mothers live in apartments keeps kids out of mechanics and building things in there dad's garage with his tools. Today they would play games on their smartphones until they pass out if their moms didn't threaten to cancel their service. It's a whole new world, Millennials are not even getting a driving license, instead, they bum rides, take public transportation and pay to be picked up. Even the auto industry is becoming alarmed in the trend of younger Americans living without their to expensive vehicles...

                          It ain't gonna get better because it's a cultural thing now to make your money sitting in a clean air-conditioned office where chics are wearing higher and higher skirts to outdo each other.
                          Last edited by tackit; 08-28-2019, 01:26 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by tackit View Post
                            where chics are wearing higher and higher skirts to outdo each other.
                            where is this so I can apply there?!!
                            HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                            HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                            HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                            HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                            HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                            HTP Microcut 875SC

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

                              where is this so I can apply there?!!
                              Where do you live and work where women are so conscious about their dress?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                                Thankfully I have no knowledge of Instagram, and no desire to learn. Somebody TXTs me they gonna wait a long time for an answer. Whip your leash device out of your pocket while we're talking, YOU GOT a problem cause unless you can prove you're noting something to look up, the conversation ended.

                                We are now two full generations removed from men working with their hands building something of quality that would last beyond their lifetime. The majority of houses built since 1960 have been slammed together by 19 year old kids, built to last 7 years till the first major repair is needed, and many haven't made 7 years.

                                The US quality standard became "can't see it from my house" at least 30 years ago when the established buying group had Degrees and DEBT they'd never pay. Master Card has become the Master, and bought the Congress to protect the card from Bankruptcy. Bankers steal with both hands and hired help, and spout crap to convince their victim they are there to help.

                                Meanwhile we've run through Now you're making it Manage it with Master Card, Insist on a RN caring for you. RN means Real Nurse! (you don't want to know), and my personal favorite, Buy American, which translates to Pay twice as much for off shore subassemblies slammed together by a 19 year old kid. My darling Masters Prepared Nurse switched from GN to Hyundai fast when she found out what part of her GM car was going to UAW health & welfare for some fat lazy slob at Delco. In December 2013 Dear Leader made every Dollar in your pocket worth 53¢ with the stroke of a pen and gave GM to the UAW on your money.

                                Wake up, learn to take care of yourself and do it well.
                                This too shall pass...

                                http://ambitious.com/the-younger-gen...since-forever/

                                And just for an example of "those lazy younger generation not "working" ...

                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VpZmGvkrGc

                                Now get off my lawn!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X